Learning not to trust the scale...Its an evil box!

Options

Replies

• Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My husband keeps telling me to get rid of "That damn thing" But for some of us it's easier said than done.
    Thank you so much for the inspiration. I really needed that today. Kat
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Love this thread!!
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! When I graduated from high school I weighed about 110 lbs and am currently 144 lbs and people keep telling me to stop losing weight because I'm getting too skinny... I weigh more but I'm more toned... focusing more on how I look now rather than what the scale says!
  • rishina27
    rishina27 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you truly look amazing and congrats to you!!
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Way 2 go. You look great. :D

& yes.... the scale is evil. I had the same obsession with the scale. It took a while to break the obsession and rely on the tape measure and B/A photos.
  • kestrels
    kestrels Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well I have to say they are great pictures, unbelievable, you have shapedup well. im 5ft 1, weigh 132lbs but dont look like you, although my love handles have got smaller and toned up the measurements have gone up an inch, on the whole my body has toned a lot from what it was im a few ponds heavier than I was, not sure why. Do you do a lot of fitness,?. I think I will ditch the scales. Well done you
  • cv2k
    cv2k Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm actually waiting for my new scale to arrive but after reading your post, maybe it's not so important.
  • busy91
    busy91 Posts: 15
    Options
    You look totally fabulous! Thanks for posting your pictures.

Scales?? Open window, pick up scale, eject scale.

Clothes are my measuring stick.

I actually had a dream last night that I was running and my pants were falling off!!! LOL!
    I'm seeing the future. :)
  • Wende3
    Wende3 Posts: 41
    Options
    WOW! You just made my day! I too am a freak with the scale. You look amazing!
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    So true! I always go by measurements not by the scale. I don't want to be "skinny fat", I want to be toned and have a little muscle definition. And yes, that can make the number on the scale go up, because muscle weighs more than fat. I definitley take the muscle. You look fantastic!
  • 80lbgoal
    80lbgoal Posts: 1
    Options
    WOW! YAY YOU! I just started using myfitnesspal on Saturday and lost 4 lbs. already. I cried...My goal is to loose 80 lbs. I want to wear "normal" sized clothes, not search in the PLUS size section. I have gained 100 lbs, after quitting smoking, two boys, and getting an office job and sitting on my butt for 16 years all day. I am NOT a dieter, nor do I have any interest in exercising, but THIS I CAN DO! Of course, I cannot see a difference yet, but the sweet box did show me it's working after only 3 days!!!

I see your point and you look great, I will continue to use the box..for a short while, just as a booster until I can start seeing/feeling a difference.

After all, it doesn't matter what you weigh as look as you are comfortable and feel GREAT!

Congratulations girl!
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    awesome results! and great example to why the scale lies!!
    Keep it up, great job
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your inspirational post and congratulations on your success! You look great! I love that you showed yourself now and then in the same clothes- that really drove the point home. I'm 4'10" and have struggled with weight for a long time. This was very inspirational to me. Thanks again.
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on the success. I am finally reaching that stage myself. People keep asking me how much more weight I want to lose and I say I don't know. Its about how I look and not the number. I'm weight training like a BOSS and the inches (not really lbs) are just melting off and its crazy how invigorated I feel. keep it up and kick that scale out of the bathroom and hide it for a while. lol
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks to your stories and other stories on MFP, I'm learning to let go of the number and to focus more on my accomplishments in the gym - deadlifting 110 lbs! - and to how I feel and how much better I feel eating healthy food.
  • SoBodyMazing
    SoBodyMazing Posts: 159
    Options
    You look great & your right about the scale!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    You are so correct! I have been busting booty for 18 months, and *only* lost 34lbs of the 85-90lbs that I have to lose.

here is a good pic. I'm wearing the same shirt in both pics
    8213431311_eecd2df7b1_s.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You look great. Your weight loss has made you look so much younger, too.
    I agree about the scale. It is losing all of its importance to me.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, and all the great before/after photos. You're right, I need to worry less about the number. My problem is I look in the mirror and even though I wear a size 2 or a 4 now, I still see me as a size 12. How does one get past that????
  • wcg6084
    wcg6084 Posts: 3
    Options
    I can only mirror what everyone else has commented here...congratulations and thanks for sharing! You have definitely changed my perspective on the scale and losing weight. Thanks again and keep us posted throughout your journey! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!