Great, but annoying things

Options
mcibty
mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
What's great on paper about your weight loss, but annoying in real life?

For example, my girlfriend was always the smaller one, and now I'm currently sat here in her clothes. Great, on paper. Reality is, even they're too big and I feel like a clown most of the time in my old clothes, but I can only afford to get new bits here and there!

Replies

• anna_conkers
    anna_conkers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm finally in the habit of eating fresh fruit and veg every day, and I LOVE it ... except I actually have to go out and buy it, all the damn time. Fruit/veg going bad before I can eat it makes me want to cry.

Still, I guess I'm saving money on not buying bags of chocolate every week, haha.
  • ahclay
    ahclay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go to the thrift store to buy clothes! Then you can save up for when you're at goal weight and buy one or two quality things at a time. I have to get the fat clothes out of my house as soon as they are too big because I will grow right back into them.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    GREAT ON PAPER: My weight seems to drop more easily when I CAN'T get to the gym. On a short enough time line, I could fool myself into thinking I don't need to exercise.

REALITY: I can almost feel my biceps disappearing . . .
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a smaller size! I have no money for new clothes. :sad:
  • AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try finding thrift stores that BUY your clothes like Plato's Closet. Check to see what brands and sizes they accept and check your clothes to see the conditions they're in. Unfortunately with PC, they only accept certain sizes and brands. I found that out the hard way.
  • mcibty
    Options
    I'm in the UK - We have charity shops, which I'm not against buying from, but sadly not a single one in the city where I live! eBay is the next best thing!
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My smaller bum is less comfy to sit on.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight about 5 years ago (went from 176 to 126 and I am 5 feet 10 inches).

I went from a tight size 12 jeans (US sizing) down to an 8 and then a 6 and thought GREAT! This is fabulous! :drinker:

Then I got down to a size 2 and found that jeans only come in tall lengths for size 4 and up. :angry:

So....I was having just as much trouble finding clothes that fit me when I was skinny as when I was heavy. I did not expect that. :laugh:

Seriously, I think every woman in the world carrying extra weight tells herself, "Oh, if I just lose some weight it will be SO EASY to find better fitting clothes!".

Not necessarily true. I gained some of the weight back and now clothes fit just fine.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight, I loved it when people come up to me and gave me compliments, now I am so sick of talking to people about my weight loss. They all ask the same question and when you tell them that there is no magic pill, no, I didnt have surgery and that I had to watch what I ate and exercise. They get the deer in the headlights look and act almost disapointed.
  • mcibty
    Options

Oh my God. THIS.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !
  • blibby33
    blibby33 Posts: 53
    Options
    I also hate that I have to keep buying new clothes. I keep wearing the bigger shirts but I have had to buy smaller panties and pants because the bigger ones kept falling off. I have a great idea for the no money for clothes. If you have friends around your size you could always do a clothing swap. Everyone brings clothes they do not wear anymore and swaps with someone else.
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight, I loved it when people come up to me and gave me compliments, now I am so sick of talking to people about my weight loss. They all ask the same question and when you tell them that there is no magic pill, no, I didnt have surgery and that I had to watch what I ate and exercise. They get the deer in the headlights look and act almost disapointed.

^^ THIS

People hate hearing "exercise and diet" are the key. They want to know that I drank drain-o or had home hoover liposuction to get this way. Go figure.

Yes, I lost weight, you lazy slob. Now can we talk about the weather like everyone else? Haha
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options

This. People don't like to hear that it's hard work and that I'm not "lucky". On paper that sounds like a fun conversation but I'm bored with it now.

Plus with losing weight I am more comfortable in myself, but when the weather is bad I am ALWAYS cold!
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I don't know if anyone can relate, but I never thought after losing weight that I'd be so cold all the time!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I sweat a ton now. When I was 20 lbs heavier I used to sweat in the usual places, (armpits, upper back, face) now it's like even the smallest exertion makes sweat drip from places I would not expect like my belly right above the belly button (wtf?) and down my legs/calfs. odd.
  • barrpc
    barrpc Posts: 96
    Options
    Good, I thought it was just me...I get cold really easy now!

Annoying is people who begin a diet and then say they do not want to do it because they have to log food or the food doesnt taste good...they want a frikkin pill to make them slim and it just isn't gonna happen....so suck it up buttercup....you either REALLY want to lose it or you don't!!
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    The constant sexual demands from random women....:glasses:

yeah right! :laugh: :laugh:
  • natty1408
    natty1408 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone can relate, but I never thought after losing weight that I'd be so cold all the time!

Yes, I really feel the cold now. I have to wear lots of layers. It's like I have lost my insulation.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK - We have charity shops, which I'm not against buying from, but sadly not a single one in the city where I live! eBay is the next best thing!

Wow really? I don't think I've ever seen anywhere without a charity shop.