"True" sizing?

Options
Does anyone know of any brands that are "true" sizes in jeans? I hate how some brands run so big and some run so small! I'd like to know what my "true" size is. Does anyone know about American Eagle Outfitters? It's my favorite brand, but not sure if it runs big or small as I don't really wear any other brands of jeans...

Replies

• ahclay
    ahclay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing. I used to wear a size 22, and that was 100 pounds ago. Now I can fit in 22 in some things. All brands have different sizing. Best thing to do is find clothing that you like yourself in and ignore the size.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Amen! I was wearing a size 24 in jeans before I lost 20 pounds, and now I'm still wearing a size 24. And there are still some size 24s I can't fit into! (And there are size 20s that I do.) Sizing is stupid and ludicrous, so just buy what fits you well.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    7 for all mankind. True religion.

The best jeans!
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have found that American Eagle runs small.
  • cheeky0122
    cheeky0122 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to forget about the 'number' size on the tag and just find what fits you best...Or, shop a brand that labels their sizing as w x l. I tend to get my jeans at Hollister (because I have no butt and they seem to be made for that) and the tags are labeled with waist and length, so I know to just grab a pair that is 28 or 29.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    True sizing? In clothing for women?
    Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg?9fe95b
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my true size is either

American Eagle I wear a 6
    Limited I wear a 2
    Old Navy a 4

I don't worry about what the tag says, only you see it anyway.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for jeans that have the waist size (i.e. W30) listed rather than size 8/10/12, at least you know it's supposed to be relatively close to a certain measurement. Although, even then, some brands lie.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    "True" sizes in jeans

35359ms.gif

I wear anything from a size 8 to a size 12 depending on the cut....my best fits are Lucky jeans, as they tend to have a small waist and ample room in the hips/thighs area

I wish I could wear AE, Old Navy, etc but by the time the hips fit me the waist is out to heeeeeeeeeeeeeere :laugh:
  • nmprovo
    nmprovo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i hear ya! for awhile, my 14's fit me PERFECT at american eagle but as i lost weight (i lost tons of weight up top before i lose anything below) and now the waist is huge! But the hips still fit which is depressing!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I find American Eagle to run small and Old navy to run big. I wear a 10 at AE and a 6 at ON. I'm about an 8 anywhere else.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    don't really think there is a "true" sizing everything varies even within the same store sometimes
  • invisibility
    Options
    don't really think there is a "true" sizing everything varies even within the same store sometimes

That's super annoying. Last time I was in Old Navy, a pair of jeans in 16 fit me fine, and a pair of khaki shorts in 18 were too snug.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! It's so annoying! It makes it virtually impossible to shop online too, because I have to try everything on first. I do wish these would be standardized.

I notice that at a lot of stores, like GAP, Limited, etc., I wear a smaller size. I think they do this to make people feel good about themselves and shop at that store exclusively.