How do you do your chicken?

Options

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Last night it was crusted with coconut and baked.

On the weekend it'll be on the grill with a can of beer in it's backside.

sometimes it's parmesan style.

shredded and made into tacos is always a hit around my house.

Stuffed with ham, spinach, and cheese is good too.

Chicken is pretty easy, just open up the fridge and throw some stuff at it, wrap it in bacon, throw it on the grill, in the oven, or on the stove. Pretty hard to screw up chicken, and it's cheap, so experiment, get creative and use your family as lab subjects.

Rigger
  • pjsdj
    pjsdj Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like to buy sauces from buffalo w wild wings (Asian zing is my fav) and use those, I also love lemon chicken I coat breasts is garlic salt and pepper, pour in some chicken broth and lemon juice and than put lemon slices on top and cook in slow cooker about 4 hrs.... I also just like to do chicken in Italian dressing.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cheeky0122
    cheeky0122 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump, these all sound great, some I knew, some are new,and some I had forgotten :)
  • Diyamommy
    Diyamommy Posts: 56
    Options
    If you have an Indian Grocery store nearby, go there and buy Chicken tikka masala or tandoori chicken masala powder. It will rekindle your boring love affair with chicken.

We all have grown very acquainted with the whole grilled chicken and steamed vegetables dinner plate..but it can get boring. I'm always interested in ways to infuse delicious flavor into my grilled chicken! Any suggestions? I marinated my chicken in lime, garlic and pepper for dinner tonight and loved how it tured out..so there's that.
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    Last night it was crusted with coconut and baked.

This sounds amazing. With some brown jasmine rice...yumm. Thank you! I'll try this one out for sure. I love coconut.
  • thinlizzy608
    Options
    I throw chicken in the crockpot after I season it with paprika,black pepper and garlic powder. I add a can of low sodium chicken broth and an oinion cut into quarters and cook on low for 6 hours and it's delicious!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • lulu0687
    lulu0687 Posts: 6
    Options
    I marinate in zesty Italian dressing, throw away marinate, put chicken on grill. Use sweet baby ray barbecue sauce. Yum!
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump! I can't wait to try some of these!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bake in oven top with plain non fat greek yogurt, garlic and parmesan cheese. So yummy and I don't like greek yogurt

That sounds delish!
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    garlic salt crusted chicken. yum.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Usually a dinner and a movie first, followed by a moonlit stroll on the beach,shared glances, playful kisses, then I take her back put on some smooth jazz, offer her a glass of wine, followed by a long sensual massage, and then...magic.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Why not try beer-butt chicken?....one whole chicken seasoned with whatever you like, and a half can of beer any brand. Put beer can in a pan large enough to hold the chicken, put the beer can in the pan, then place the chicken over beer can (the chicken will be in a sitting position) on beer can. Bake at 350 till done, the chicken will be moist and delish. Enjoy!
    Yeah, this one, or simply on a soda can half-full with water in the BBQ. You can do a couple chickens at a time and freeze the meat. You can add sauces to change the flavor when you reheat it.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority here.
    In the butt, and with a beer
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Why not try beer-butt chicken?....one whole chicken seasoned with whatever you like, and a half can of beer any brand. Put beer can in a pan large enough to hold the chicken, put the beer can in the pan, then place the chicken over beer can (the chicken will be in a sitting position) on beer can. Bake at 350 till done, the chicken will be moist and delish. Enjoy!

^^ This. I do mine in the butt too.
    :flowerforyou:

Yes, there should be heavy amounts of alcohol if you are going to try this method.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I add tomato, grilled onions, feta and tzatziki sauce, toss with greens; gyro salad!!! OM NOM NOM...
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    I buy the orange sauce from panda express. 1 tablespoon is like 35 calories. Yummy!