Sneakers

rymattsmom
rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All,
Just wanted to get feeback about some good sneakers you can recommend for high arches. I do a lot of classes- high impact and elliptical.

Can anyone recommend a good comfy, shock absorbing sneak????????????

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• SaraB37
    SaraB37 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a big fan of the Reebok Runtone shoes. I'm not a runner. I have been wearing the RunTones for walking and just everyday use. I tried the EasyTones but starting having issues with my right foot rolling inwards. The bubbles on the bottom of the RunTones give great cushion. I know that there are other versions of this toning shoe for different activities so maybe check out the entire line of the shoes to see a different one would work better for your activities.

Hope this helps!
  • The question I would ask is how much are you wanting to spend? If price isn't an option then I would suggest you look into some of the ASICS Gel-Kayano 16's. Very well geared to the stability needed for a high arch.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    bumping for future posts but will look into the asics--have a problem with plantar fasciitis and needing new running shoes...there is not a running store close so I am getting confused by the selections out there....
  • bumping for future posts but will look into the asics--have a problem with plantar fasciitis and needing new running shoes...there is not a running store close so I am getting confused by the selections out there....

You'll always be confused by what's out there. I know I am. Some stability running shoes are extra comfy and others are terrible in that area. Where some cushioning shoes fit like one for stability... Good luck with whatever you choose and I would suggest if you do find a good series of shoe that you stick with it unless they redesign the line and screw up a good thing.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    I also have high arches and am in Saucony running shoes but with insoles...the guy at our running store said the mizuno brand is great for high arches..
    als try going to runner's world magazine online for shoe selections..they do a great job of catagorizing shoes
  • NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Everyone has given some great suggestions...Now I am in fact a runner and the best advice I can give you is to do the following...go find a local running store and have them look at your feet....they will have you walk around without shoes and look at not only your arches but your gate and the biomechanics of your body. They will then be able to recommend a shoe for you that will work. There are a few shoes I have in mind that "might" work for you but again, I haven't seen you walk so what "might" work for some might not work for you...go find a running store and have them figure it out for you. Hope this helps.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    thanks a lot guys!!!!
  • Everyone has given some great suggestions...Now I am in fact a runner and the best advice I can give you is to do the following...go find a local running store and have them look at your feet....they will have you walk around without shoes and look at not only your arches but your gate and the biomechanics of your body. They will then be able to recommend a shoe for you that will work. There are a few shoes I have in mind that "might" work for you but again, I haven't seen you walk so what "might" work for some might not work for you...go find a running store and have them figure it out for you. Hope this helps.

You should take your current running shoe in with you. When I went they actually just sold me some better insoles for my shoes. I already had what I needed, the insoles just offered a little more support and were so much more comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.