Over 50's with over 50lbs to lose?

Options
Come join me. I have 60 - well 58 lbs to lose as I have lost two already but would like people in the same boat as me to join me and we can motivate each other. You have nothing to lose apart from pounds !

Replies

• leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Well if you'd like to have the support of a 57 year old American (gay) guy who's done it (well 45 pounds at least) who loves supporting and motivating his friends, feel free to add me. I'd love to add more British friends (I have a few already). I seem to have a rather diverse group of friends, wtih 3 continents, 6-8 countries and all ages, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations and religious points of view included. And BTW, this isn't your last chance before it's too late. But it is your best chance because this place is great.

Good luck on your journey.
  • andreagermain98
    Options
    I will be 52 in two months and need to lose about 50 lbs more. l joined in May and lost 12 lbs in the first couple of months but I have fallen into the habit of not logging in, and without that accountability I have been eating more than I should be. Thankfully I don't seem to be putting it back on but I think that's only because I have been outside a lot doing chores. We live on a hobby farm, so that keeps me somewhat active, but I am feeling like if I don't get back on track I will soon be right back where I started, or worse. I am adding you as a friend, maybe we can help each other. :)
  • scottgobuck
    scottgobuck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and have lost 115 pounds already, I am on here to maintain and maybe lose another 10 but also to motivate other and let them know it can be done. Feel free to send a friend request and I will do evereything I can to help you focus and get over the mental part which is so much harder than the physical part
  • CamillaHerold
    CamillaHerold Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'll join you here. I'm 55 and have about 50 more to lose. In my forties I reached 270 lbs after having children. Gradually lost 70 lbs over 15 years. I finally got serious and started this phase at 200 lbs back in April of this year, slowly gained momentum in May, and hit a stride in June. Now I'm losing consistently and not suffering at all! It is very do-able. 90% is mental focus and attitude. I want to be able to run 10 minute miles by the time I'm 60, but my main goal is to get my weight down to the right place and KEEP IT THERE! I would be happy to help support and motivate others, especially women around my age who may think they have missed their chance at fitness and health! It is never too late.
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in a few months and have about 75 pounds to lose. Feel free to send me a friend request and we can motivate each other.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am fifty with about 20 or so to lose. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Scott46617
    Scott46617 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 50 and need to lose 80-100. I lost almost 70 before, but got lazy and having a hard time making a go of it again. Maybe it's because I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS!! Anyway, I'm trying to behave and log every day. My diary is also open (it just looks terrible-hoping to change that again, too).
  • lancashiregirl
    Options
    That would be really great. I will add you !
  • edinbyrd99
    edinbyrd99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in 2013 and really want to lose 50 pounds. I have been trying for years to lose. I have always worked out, but i can not control my eating. I will do good for a week or so, and lose maybe 6 or 7 pounds, but then go right back to eating bad. For a while I thought my body was special and i just could not lose weight, but I need to do something. So the pass 8 months I have been working with a trainer 2x a week. I have gained muscle but no weight lose. I have started this week to include cardio 4 days a week in addition to the 2 days with the trainer. I am trying to eat clean, and log my food in MFP. Please add me as a friend, because i need all the help i can get!!!
  • BritinItaly
    Options
    I'll be 54 in a couple of weeks have yoyo dieted all my adult life and have just started on this plan. I need to lose 20 kilos so about 50 lbs ( I think).I'm a Bit living in Italy so lots of wonderful fresh healthy food around...just need to shift my *** and eat it instead of my comfort foods. Going for the first walk this evening. I'd love to add you.
  • beamteam4
    beamteam4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 51 feel free to add me. I have about 45 more pounds to lose.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm not over 50, and I really hope my motivation stays up and that by the time I reach 50 I will have conquered this problem. I have over 100 pounds I need to lose. I got my husband on board with me this time so hopefully that will make it easier as he has been my saboteur in the past.
  • diane3kitty
    Options
    I am adding several of you as friends as well. I turn 50 in 6 weeks and have been back on here for about 3 weeks. I have found new dedication, got the FitBit and moving much more. I have alot to loose. I like to attack it in smaller goals. I keep the bigger picture in mind I just focus on each smaller goal at that time.
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just started, am 55 with over 50lbs to lead. Feel free to add me for support.
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lead? I meant to lose!!
  • dmueller111
    Options
    Please add me to your friend list, today is my first day toward loosing 50 lbs. Any support is appreciated and I will do the same. Good luck everyone.
  • mtnbiker62
    mtnbiker62 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just turned 51, and have 100 pounds to go. I'm brand new here, so I would love some friends to motivate me also!