oh hi!

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal on my iphone but didnt realise the website had a forum and stuff till today.

Prob not the best time to introduce myself as I have just gained a massive amount of weight in the last week! but generally speaking i have been successfully losing weight for about 3 years now. I have gone from a size 22 (UK) to size 16, and my goal is to be a size 12. I'm quite tall 5ft 10 and have quite a big frame so im never going to be tiny, but i would like to be a "normal" wieght for the first time ever.

I love to see and read success stories, they inspire me!

Replies

• ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow ....you have done amazingly well so far!!!!!!!!! How have u lost the weight you have so far?? By counting calories, weight watchers or something else??!! I love reading people's post....find it really supportive & keeps me motivated. Only been using MFP for about a week and a half now but finding the social side of it really helpful.....with sooo many pple in the same boat!!!! :-)
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome - and congrats!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    At the beggining I had to quit two things 1. cocacola/pepsi and 2.chocolate, in order to make a start.

I didnt join a weight watchers group or anything becasue I think its quite expensive. I just weigh myself on wii fit.

I had a few rules for myself. not eating between meals, not eating late at night, adn only having pudding once a week. I would also write everything down. (obv now i record it on here) becasue it was like if you have to write everything down you are admitting to everything you eat, so are less likely to eat too much!

this was a big change from the way i was eating before so i found that the weight came off quite quickly and this was encouraging.

After a while i also started going to fitness classes. My favorite being body combat. Had a couple of months where i couldnt go last year because i had to have a weird lump thing (which i referred to as an alien baby) removed from my back. not being able to excercise set me back a bit. and i put a bit back on. but got back on track when i was allowed back to the gym.

This year has been good so far (not counting my holiday lol!), have lost 3 stone. hope to lose another one before the end of the year. My boyfiend gives me a new charm for my charm bracelet every time i lose a stone. so sweet!

I am now addicted to coke zero! : D
  • ghalliday
    Options
    Awwwww I love the charm idea.....thats soooooo sweet :-)))) Your very lucky to have such a supportive bf!!!!!!!
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    i haven't worked out how to put photos in a forum post! : (

But i have added a before and now picture to my profile! the before picture was 3 christmas' ago now! the main pic is from last week, can you see the several stones of difference??

sam x
  • ghalliday
    Options
    Just checked your piccies out........the difference is amazing :-) You look gr8!!!! How much have u lost up t date??!!! If u don't mind me asking?? x
  • PickyNikki
    Options
    Wow your before and after pics are incredible! Congratulations on all you have accomplished so far and good luck on reaching your goal :wink:
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    Just checked your piccies out........the difference is amazing :-) You look gr8!!!! How much have u lost up t date??!!! If u don't mind me asking?? x

not at all, roughly 7 and a half stones. x
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your weight loss! You look great! And welcome to the forum part of the site, it's awesome for making new friends and finding motivation.
  • sparklesammy
    Options

not at all, roughly 7 and a half stones. x

i worked out how to put in my starting wieght form beofre, not just mfp, so its 93 pounds i have lost. Although im not sure if i worked out the the starting weight right. but anyway, i've stick with the 93 pounds.