core workouts that don't require much ab work

NYIceQueen
NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay, so I'm still only 6 wks post op, so I'm not supposed to do ab work. However, I tried some ballet dancing, which was uncomfortable but not painful.

I'd like to do some core work to strengthen the ab area as everything heals, but obviously can't do crunches, etc. Would something like planks work for someone like me, or should I just wait to talk to the doctor?

TIA

Replies

• NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Before doing anything I would consult with your doctor....planks and push-ups are great for core work though :)
  • Wait.
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Wait and talk to you doctor and see what he/she would suggest.
    Wait to do ballet. Ballet is intensively core-centered. You can't do anything properly in ballet without a powerful core.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Wait and talk to you doctor and see what he/she would suggest.
    Wait to do ballet. Ballet is intensively core-centered. You can't do anything properly in ballet without a powerful core.

I'm talking about general ballet at home. I used to dance professionally and what I do at home really never feels like a challenge. At home most of what I do is arms, basic jumps, basic turns....no major balancing-type things, and no pointe. Pointe is where the core really really gets hit. That, along with partnering, etc.
This discussion has been closed.