You Have $1,000 To Go Shopping With....What Do You Buy?

polarsjewel
polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
I became debt free yesterday, save for a car loan. As a reward, I have $1,000 to go shopping for clothes with. What should I put on my shopping list??

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    well since all i tend to wear is Khakis (Eddie Bauer), button down shirt, polo shirts and jeans, I am not much help.

I would spend 1/2 on clothing, and the rest on camping equipment .... no I wouldn't I have all the camping stuff I need. :)
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    DEBT FREE!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Congrats
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    I-I would buy groceries.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Nothing, I'd make an additional car payment.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    I would buy groceries and toiletries!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Express.....they have the best most comfortable clothes, and their stuff out of season is always on sale. That or a nice pair of lucky jeans....they last literally forever and are as comfortable as wearing sweatpants
  • A Victoria's Secret Bra.....
    Or you could buy an eliptical trainer :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I'd buy a pair of Louboutin pumps, a pair of jeans, and some fitted knit tops.
  • ardisia32
    ardisia32 Posts: 26 Member
    Nothing, I'd make an additional car payment.

I'd totally do this too. Not truly debt free until ALL the debt is gone (except maybe a mortgage -- that's another option: put the money in a savings account for emergencies, or a down-payment on a new home!)
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Either setting it aside for car/house payment or take a trip even a mini one. Make it healthy and fabulous
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Half off the car, half to spend I'd say. That's way too much to be blowing on clothes!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I became debt free yesterday, save for a car loan. As a reward, I have $1,000 to go shopping for clothes with. What should I put on my shopping list??

Congratulations!!! :drinker:

I'm planning to buy some new pants when I get the dough to clothes shop again. But A1's idea sounds great, a vacation (big or min) sounds great too!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would put it in savings for an emergency fund.
  • joe_madre
    joe_madre Posts: 693
    I'd buy a trampoline.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Invest in Hostess stock.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    I would put it in my safe
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!
  • AllieW123
    AllieW123 Posts: 21
    Spa Day. Nice Haircut, pedi/mani, and a facial.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Sessions w/ a Running Coach!
    Save some, spend some on a Nespresso machine.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    OOOOOhhhhhhhh! I have played this exact game!

My dad got me a $1000 gift card to Macy's when I grad'd college. So there was no "make a car payment" or "put it in savings" allowed :bigsmile:

I spent $250 of it on a watch that I still wear all the time and love, a Citizen eco-drive that will never need a battery.

I spent $100 of it on a pair of black scallop-edged lambskin gloves that now fit my hands ...... like a glove...... LOL

I spent $300 on a navy blue wool peacoat.

The rest I spent on a bunch of clothes I no longer fit into, and a pair of shoes that I rarely wear.

IMHO, the watch was the best part of my spending, because I wear it so often. I wanted to invest in timeless/classic pieces that would last, and the gloves, the peacoat and my watch are BIFL items.