heavy water drinkers... depends?

Options
Ok I try to drink a ton of water during the day... i like flushing my system as much as possible... i think i drink a 12 oz glass every hour through the work day. (in other words, nothing too dramatic) so i can by hydrated for my lunch time run...

I'm a software consultant, and i provide client training and sales support via the internet. I spend 3 hours at a time in a training session... i rarely make it past the 2 hour mark without a pee break (i also hate that my bathroom is close to my office, i feel like they can hear the water running - but that's not the point of this post)

Does anyone else have to "have to use the bathroom at inappropriate times" problem?

i always TRY to remember to pee before the meeting starts, but if i have just slammed 2 glasses of water because i came in from a run, it's not wuite "there" yet, but it won't stay away for three hours that's for sure.

I'm kidding about depends, but i have really gotten squirmy in meetings wishing i could pee!

Replies

• rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Too funny! Yep! This is me all day! I drink a lot of fluids thru the day and I go often. WAAAAYYYY too much! I determined I have an overactive bladder. It was confirmed by a urologist. I started taking old folks medicine and it works! Now, I don't have to go as often, and when I do, I don't have the same urgency that I had before. In one way, I know my kidneys are functioning properly and I'm not retaining fluid. In another way, I look like I'm trying to get out of working or have a sugarbooger problem- which neither is the case. So, for now, old folks medicine it is!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I pee every hour to two because I drink a ton of water. Alas, one's bladder only holds so much. I'd blow if I had to hold it three hours.
  • twillis18
    twillis18 Posts: 2
    Options
    I probably go every hr. I used to feel embarrassed bc every time I get up from my desk, I'll need to go & wondered what anyone else thought. I def go way more then anyone in my office but it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm proud of the amount of water I drink now and it helps in keeping me more full for longer periods of time and for me, that's huge!
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I drink 100oz per day and I go ALL day...i have a desk job so it's very up and down. It keeps me on track though and is worth it to stay hydrated!
  • kosuke081
    kosuke081 Posts: 69
    Options
    When I first started hydrating myself I felt like I was getting paid to pee. I still go a lot more, but it's slowly starting to be longer in between trips. Keep it up!

EDIT: But if you think it's a problem, I'd talk to your doctor. I work with charts about urinary incontinence and it can start pretty young, so it would never hurt to talk with your doctor about seeing a urologist. Keep a bladder diary (ounces in/out, symptom, what time, etc) if you're serious about seeing a urologist.

Also, don't take my word for it. I don't actually know that much about it.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Same here.. Afraid I don't have any good advice. Just company:wink:
    I'm on the third floor and there aren't any restrooms up here and I drink at least a gallon of water a day.
    So I definitley get my stair climbing going on..
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I log my walks to the bathroom at the end of the day...usually around 1/2 a mile. Just kidding, but yes I'm peeing all day. I've left meetings to go to the bathroom. If you're in a 3 hour meeting with no breaks, they have to expect that people are going be in and out to use the bathroom.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Could you incorporate a 5-10 minute break during each session? When I was at university some lecturers had a 2-3 minute break for a 50 minute lecture.

Keep it simple and keep it professional. I'm sure your clients would appreciate the chance to stretch their legs, re-read or discuss with others what you've taught them and make a phone call if if it's an emergency. In this case, it will give you a chance to pee too.
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    I pee ALL the time. I had someone ask me at work once if I had diarrhea. And I don't drink that much water at all, maybe 2 bottles through the work day plus coffee. How ridiculous is that???
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I don' t know why, but this topic reminds me of a Grey's Anatomy episode where they were all vieing for a spot in a marathon and several of the residents were all wearing adult diapers.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Could you incorporate a 5-10 minute break during each session? When I was at university some lecturers had a 2-3 minute break for a 50 minute lecture.

Keep it simple and keep it professional. I'm sure your clients would appreciate the chance to stretch their legs, re-read or discuss with others what you've taught them and make a phone call if if it's an emergency. In this case, it will give you a chance to pee too.

Great advice and awesome support thanks everyone!

Yea I'm starting to think that we need to break it up. The meetings are supposed to be 2 hours long. Maybe I'm biting off more than i can chew with the topics we are covering. I'm the one driving the meetings, so i really should be keeping them shorter... nobody can think at the 3 hour mark anyways.

I'm brand new to this... i have been a back room accounting clerk for the last 10 years and now I'm software consulting, (accounting for construction). I'm working on a product that is new to my company, so i have no mentors or quidance... it's a good thing i have a strong character!