Grrrrr.. such a disappointment

Options
Okay, so this has been a weekend filled with temptation. Friday, part with the girls, wine and tons of yummy snacks.... but I had water and no snacks. Yesterday my daughter requested brunch for her birthday. I personally made homemade cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, stuffed french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit salad... just an egg and fruit salad for me. Got on the scale today... NO WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK. I know plateaus happen, but why this week :noway: . I am at 202 sooooo close to the magic 199, I am starting to feel like it's farther away than when I was 250 :sad:

Replies

• summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well, looking at your diary, you aren't tracking everything you're eating. In order to see why you may be at a plateau, you need to track everything! So this week, get back on that, and I bet just by doing that you'll see a loss.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    hang in there. you are doing amazing! stressing about it may work against you so just keeping doing what's worked and or if you need to allow a cheat day where you relax your diet some but watch the portions or enjoy a small glass of wine that you savor. the next day add more to your work out or walk. i find that allowing some flex days (maybe two in a month) left me still do what i love with those i love but doesn't hurt my weight loss much. you will get there so take a deep breath and remember 48lbs!!!!!! that is already an amazing accomplishment
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Well, first of all, CONGRATS on the 48 pounds you have already lost and not gained back!!! :drinker:

Secondly, your daughter is ABSO-POSI-LUTELY GORGEOUS! What a smile...it looks like yours!!

Third and certainly not least.....hang in there, and do start to journal your food again, making sure to drink (and journal) ALL your water. I agree about the stress, as I'm going through the same thing right now and am not losing at all. I have to learn to breathe and just let go of some of the toxic stress. I don't drink at all, but I also agree with the occasional glass of wine. It will relax you and you won't feel like you are blowing your chances at success. You already know the secret to your successes, but you need to realize that the closer to your goal that you get, the slower the weight will be in coming off. But, keep up the good work. You can't lose 48 pounds by doing the wrong things.....you are doing great! Keep it up, and GOOD LUCK! :bigsmile:

Oh, and PS......Kudos to you for your will-power at your daughter's Birthday Brunch! I think I gained 5 pounds just reading (and daydreaming) about all the yummy foods you had to prepare! You are TRULY determined! :flowerforyou:
  • Mattiabraham
    Options
    Hey congratulations, if it were me i dont think i would have been able to be so strong. hang in there youll get there.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It is possible that you were totally honest with your diary and that happened. Our bodies are very strange I have gone about a week being under everyday and gained and I have also a week with one or two "cheat days" and had a loss. I think sometimes our bodies get used to the restricted diet and do not burn as much. I would suggest try going over just a bit for about two days and with healthy snacks, your normal stuff not junk since junk tends to make you want more junk and it can be a downward spiral then give it about a week and see what happens. This has helped me out of plateaus before. I know what you mean though it is so fustrating when these things happened and we were so good.
  • anthemfamily
    anthemfamily Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, after going back to my diary and adding the one meal I hadn't entered for Friday I realized I am not eating enough again. I was under the 1200 yesterday, it is so hard to stay just in the right range. Yesterdays missing meal was really because of the brunch, and kept me below the calories I needed. For some reason if I cook I am better at not eating it?? Also, thank goodness I don't have a sweet tooth. It was the potatoes that almost got me, I wanted to eat them all.

Traci

**Thanks ODONNA for the compliment on my daughter, just so happy to have her home from college for the weekend!!!
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, im new, for about a month now. Thats why I wont go on the scale yet. Im doing better each day on adjusting my food. Getting low fat stuff etc. I dont want to be disapointed by a weekly weigh in. I feel a difference in my clothes so I know when I do weigh in which I will do in a couple weeks there will be some sort of loss lol. I was lookikng just at a few of your days logged in and noticed you were way under your caloric intake. Just the little bit I have read on here they say thats not good. I also heard that eating what you want every once in awhile I am not sure what the once in awhile was but that it actually can shock your metab and make it work faster.......But wow I see how much you lost and was thinking what is she complaining about lol, but then I realized that you were trying so hard this week and you thought for sure it would drop. I was thinking maybe you felt super left out about not being able to eat with your friends and it got your hopes up so high. Im sorry your sad. I just encourage you to keep doing as well as you are and dont weigh for awhile, up the calories to your required intake. :heart:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Traci ... first of all ... your weight loss thus far is nothing to sneeze at. It's amazing and YOU are one of the many reasons I love this site so much. It shows me that watching what we put in our mouths, regulating that and accounting for it really works. It shows me that DIETING is not the answer, eating right is!

Next: Yeah, those calories get stored if you don't replenish them. If you burn calories you have to eat them so your body doesn't feel under nourished. It's STILL a concept I am trying to wrap my head around after only 12 days at this.

Drink more water (PLEASE NOTE: I HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT'S IN YOUR FOOD DIARY). I am drinking a gallon of water or more a day depending on my exercise level. Your cells will hold on to water if you aren't drinking enough. it's a PITA to drink all that water but it will pay off in the end.

Also, if you are hitting a plateau, doing your calories right, drinking enough water you need to switch things up a bit. ADD calories for a week and see what happens. Drink more water, see what happens. GIVE your body MORE fuel. It could be that with your losing weight your calorie requirements are changing. Your body is getting USED TO what you are doing and it's adjusting. It's getting comfy. Stir things up a bit!

Finally; are you measuring? Okay, I am guilty of not taking measurements yet, but it's mainly due to the fact I can't find my dern tape measure LOL but if you are measuring and losing inches try not to be too disappointed in what the scale says.

You can do this ...

EDIT: Okay, just looked at your food diary, hun. You should track more :) and DRINK MORE WATER lol .. I am a harpy about this. Seriously. I bet if you track better and drink more water you will see those pesky pounds come off. I am going to send you a friend request!
  • artmikhur
    artmikhur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't worry the same thing happened to me and I was really down. Keep on logging everything that you eat it really works and you have already lost 48lbs that is amazing.