started over about 3 weeks ago

Options
Hi I started over at this about 3 weeks ago, I got a FitBit and have been faithful with the workouts. I would like to increase my groupd of friends . Although my overall weighloss goal is high I am focused on a small weight loss goal for now. It is easier for me to focus on smaller goals. Thanks Diane

Replies

• downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Glad to have accepted your invitation. If you need anything, or if I can help in any way, please don't be bashful about asking. That's what we're here for. You can do this. If I can do this at my very, very, VERY advanced age :laugh: rehabbing from a total knee replacement, you got this down cold.
  • lancashiregirl
    Options
    That's really good! I haven't totally committed to the exercise yet as I have sore ankles and joints but I did walk the dog today and intend to do more in the coming days. Keep it up, you are doing well!
  • CamillaHerold
    CamillaHerold Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, starting over is good! and small goals are good. Focus on the day and the week ahead of you. Some of the most famous people in history had to start over dozens of times to reach their goal. They failed many times, but they never gave up. That's my story. Gained and lost the same weight over and over. Could not stick with anything, no support from that spouse, no belief in myself. This time it was all different. I started really slowly. I only walked 10 to 15 minutes on the treadmill each day. Then I gradually got over the soreness and kept adding a few minutes each week. I built my belief in myself each day. Now I'm up to one hour a day! I do it between 5:30 and 6:30 am, and go to work happy and energized. Focus, focus, focus. Your instincts are right! Write when you can, each day if you want, and let's get you going toward your goals!!
    Take care,
    Camilla