I didn't realize...

Options
Ok, so I allow myself to eat what I want every Tuesday. Well, I ate exactly what I use to eat almost every day...and now I realize exactly how many calories I was eating. Its crazy! I got up to 342 from eating close to 4,000 calories a day. I didn't realize I was eating double what I should! Ok, now I feel bloated, and I am never eating that much again! I will still have cheat days, but I'm never going to eat close to 4k calories again! Thanks myfitnesspal for opening my eyes to how many calories I use to eat every day!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's an eye-opener for sure.
  • movienutty
    movienutty Posts: 13
    Options
    Good Job! That is a great start.
  • busy91
    busy91 Posts: 15
    Options
    it is amazing how much someone eats when they don't keep track. I was in the 3k range myself.
  • krystalraven
    Options
    It's amazing how it all adds up! A cheeky biscuit here, a pack of crisps there...After keeping a food diary for a week, I was shocked at how much I've been eating in a day! Now I write down everything! Even that wee splash of milk in my coffee! Haha!
  • Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its crazy!
  • hoffmann_maddy
    hoffmann_maddy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i had the same realization. I've never been so aware of what i'm putting in my stomache these days. I log everything too! Down to the cream and sugar in my coffee. Every calorie counts. Years of eaing 3-4k calories. But never again! Cheat days are good, keeps you honest and motivates you to stay on track. Happy Counting!
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had a similar realization. Maybe not as drastic, but I realized how many calories some foods can have when I started on this site and started actually... y'know... looking at them... It hit when I tried to log a day and realized that I basically could eat nothing that I normally ate.
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's scary how fast all those calories add up - I remember back when I started calorie counting (about 2005), I was utterly horrified by how many calories were in a Dairy Milk. I honestly couldn't figure out how I was going to be able to LIVE off what I thought then was a paltry amount.

Now, I'm lucky to hit 1500.

Good luck on your journey - and congratulations for all the pounds you've already lost!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I bet I did the same thing, but I was always to afraid to actually track it!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    wow that'll do it. i still have my 4000 plus days... but you usually have to roll me from place to place because i feel so full
  • Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and never do that again. Maybe on thanksgiving and christmas only.