do you make yourself eat

Options
If you're not hungry, just to improve your calorie count? I. Really don't feel like eating, not hungry at all, but I haven't eaten anything today. So am I supposed to force myself to eat something?

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Drink some juice or make a protein shake. A table spoon on peanut butter works too. That shouldn't make you feel full. You need to eat every day, they recently proved that you die without food.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    lol wish i had that problem.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I know this happens to me too. I think when you reach a certain point of overweight your body knows it does not need more food and you don't feel hungry anymore. There are some diets used successfully to gain and maintain good health where you only eat when you feel hungry so you might want to research those. If you find you overeat when you do get hungry then you might need to use a set schedule and eat a planned meal even if you don't feel hungry to prevent the overeating. I personally never feel hungry, and I've gone so many years this way that I am not sure I even know what it feels like anymore. If you can successfully stay within a planned calorie count for the day, then I don't think it matters so much at what meals you consume those calores (the scientific research is inconclusive with all the groups finding support for their own claims).
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Not necessarily to improve my calories, but to meet my macros. One day every once in a while isn't a big deal... if I'm busy or whatever, oh well... next day is a new day... but will still try to make up the macros by the end of the week.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    No. I don't have that problem. Guess that's why I gained weight. ;)
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    force feed to get those calories in:glasses:
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for me it isn't a problem of "i'm not hungry enough to eat up to my calorie goal", it is convincing myself that I am allowed to go up to 1300 or 1400 if I am hungry after dinner and want a snack. Years of dieting have me paranoid to eat back exercise calories or go above 1200, but I'm working past that.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, just to improve your calorie count? I. Really don't feel like eating, not hungry at all, but I haven't eaten anything today. So am I supposed to force myself to eat something?

I enter my food at the beginning of the day, it will be to my daily calorie count. If I have any calories left over, I just add a piece of fruit under snacks, if at the end of the day, I have not actually eaten those fruit snacks, I don't worry about it.

I never force myself to eat anything just to bump up my calories.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry I don't force myself to eat. I don't want to get into a habit of doing that, or I may end eating too much. I'm usually hungry enough to eat all my calories though and more.
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I usually don't feel hungry in the morning, but I pre-log all my food for the day (to help me pack lunch/snacks for work) and make myself eat according to that plan. But today, I didn't eat breakfast until almost 11. So I would say yes, force yourself to eat. You definitely shouldn't skip eating the calories you need in a day, but I don't think it matters what time you start eating, if that makes any sense.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options

yup :ohwell:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    To improve macros. Yes sometimes I force myself to have a little something. I have found if I am not hungry one day and go too low below my calories (500 or so), I eat like crazy the next day. It is better to just look at my macros at the end of the day and have a late snack (usually protein) to fix my macros and not be eating everything in sight the next day.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Beat me to it.......:laugh: :laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I usually don't but I will today
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    If it's a sudden and inexplicable loss of appetite I'd probably want to see a doctor. But, no, if I'm not hungry I don't force myself to eat. I even fast occasionally.

That said, eating a low carb diet I can't always rely on hunger cues -- sometimes I'll start to feel cold or be a little lethargic (nothing dramatic or very noticeable) but I'll eat a 1,000 or so calories more than usual and feel better for it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry I don't force myself to eat. I don't want to get into a habit of doing that, or I may end eating too much. I'm usually hungry enough to eat all my calories though and more.

Even if you've eaten exactly ZERO food in a day as the OP stated? 'Cuz doing so regularly is really going to **** your metabolism in a bad way...not to mention a whole lot of other ****ty side effects. And I'm not talking about IF...I'm talking about all this bull**** that a lot of ladies here tend to do because of there really ****ty relationships with food.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

I have those days maybe once a month and I simply don't eat if I am not hungry. I don't bother asking for anyone else's opinion or permission.

BUT if you can eat a little you should and like someone else said, drink juice.
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If my calories are low and I am not hungry, I will eat to meet calorie limit. However, if I feel full then I won't. I will just save the calories for later and have a splurge meal. But I am in maintenance and trying not to lose.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Yes. I have a plan and will stick to it whether I like it or not! Peanut butter etc is high cal low volume. Nuts are handy, too.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Want to borrow my feed tube?

Edited to include-

/sarcasm