Hashimotos, PCOS fat and unfit! Anyone?

Options
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! This sucks! Sorry for the rant but I am overcome with annoyance, I so want to lose this but it's getting harder everyday to motivate myself. Is there any like minded people here?

Replies

• CousinIT1959
    CousinIT1959 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My daughter also has PCOS and has struggled with her weight for years. She isn't losing weight but she is certainly more confident and trying to get more active. She has been looking at Health at Every size http://www.haescommunity.org/
    Good luck
  • triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have hashimotos and have been gluten free for two years. I am mot in need of medicine because my thyroid functions normally just have elevated antibodies. My Dr recommend a change in the food that I ate. the gf diet has mad my body feel better and I have lost some weight from it as well.
  • rosiesmall1
    rosiesmall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your input it is much appreciated, after a week of feeling poo I know have gallstones and a problem with my bowel aswell as the above, I have to laugh cos If I don't I'll cry :) Thanks again x
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! This sucks! Sorry for the rant but I am overcome with annoyance, I so want to lose this but it's getting harder everyday to motivate myself. Is there any like minded people here?
    I have Hashis/hypothyroidism and take meds to regulate things. With these meds, my thyroid levels are normal, but...Instead of losing a pound a week like I thought i was supposed to, I lose a pound in, say, a month's time:/ But!!!!!! All my bloodwork is perfect---I achieved that through proper diet and exercise. It's frustrating, because, no matter how hard one with these situations will work, the body doesn't seem to respond--on the outside. Takes forever for the scale to move,but......Remember, you are changing body composition, too. I had to make changes, such as no white bread, I now eat Ezekiel bread. I don't eat processed foods like I used to and no pasta, rice or sugar. At first it was difficult, now I don't really miss it. You just have to take it a meal at a time and make sure, above all, that you are doing all you can to take good care of yourself. In time it will happen; you just have to do for the body what it needs. Hope you're feeling better soon.