Healthy Instant Oatmeal Packets in 12 flavors

Options

Replies

• elryn
    elryn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. Those recipes look delicious!
  • rusaner1
    rusaner1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This sounds good!

What's bump?
    Deb
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I have overnight oats every morning...literally just rolled oats and soy milk. This is a great article, though, so I'm thinking I might have to give some of the freeze-dried fruit a try. Thanks for sharing!
  • Valstar9
    Valstar9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing these! I was just at the grocery store this morning looking at the instant oatmeal. Luckily, I talked myself out of the purchase!
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! This will be great for camping!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks for sharing; love my overnight oats!!
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    this post may be 2 months old, but I just found it and it's AWESOME so BUUUMMMPPP!!!
  • tfisher0915
    tfisher0915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    BUMP for great ideas!

A nice bowl of warm oatmeal is the best breakfast on a cold morning :)
  • readytocommit114
    Options
    Bump
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    These are delicious, not sure if you can get them in the US though..

oatmeals.png
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    They are great ideas, but I do take issue with the author. This idea that everything we buy at the store is somehow "unhealthy" is nonsense. She criticises Quaker Oatmeal for having "sweeteners" then her packets have sweeteners. She claims "mystery ingredients" when by law all ingredients are listed on the package. There is no mystery what is in it. The lower sugar cinnamon spice I have has no artificial colors or flavors in the ingredient list, nor does the plain "original" I have. The low sugar does have sucralose. I don't object to sucralose, but I know some do. The cinnamon spice regular has sugar (sucrose) rather than sucralose. I buy these for camping breakfasts because they are fast and if you stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter a good, protein-rich way to stay full till lunch. My point is, I like the author's ideas, and I bet hers taste better. So why feel the need to make some idiotic claims about a store-bought product?
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options

oatmeals.png

Again, why make silly claims? The homepage talks about "ingredients you can't pronounce." In what way is this a valid reason to suggest something is unhealthy? I can pronounce every ingredient in everything I find at the supermarket. So is everything there healthy, but just for me? This is a company with a lot going for it. Sustainability is important. So why add these silly claims on top? There is no way these are HEALTHIER than Quaker--they are packaged foods NOT whole fresh foods, so why not just focus on what they get right--less packaging, renewable energy and the like?
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options

oatmeals.png

Again, why make silly claims? The homepage talks about "ingredients you can't pronounce." In what way is this a valid reason to suggest something is unhealthy? I can pronounce every ingredient in everything I find at the supermarket. So is everything there healthy, but just for me? This is a company with a lot going for it. Sustainability is important. So why add these silly claims on top? There is no way these are HEALTHIER than Quaker--they are packaged foods NOT whole fresh foods, so why not just focus on what they get right--less packaging, renewable energy and the like?

:indifferent: ... I simply said that they are delicious, not that they are better than any other company.
  • clhandwerk
    clhandwerk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal thanks for sharing! ive seen overnight oats before so glad this link has more then just one recipe!
  • SunrayG
    SunrayG Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I need to do this, because those look delicious and are probably about the same price even with more and better quality fruit. I have the lower sugar Quaker box that is pictured! Apples and Cinnamon flavor. The ingredients really aren't that bad though. Only a couple that are weird:
    Oats, dehydrated apples (w sodium sulfite), sugar, salt, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavor, guar gum, sucralose, and a multivitamin.

I say multivitamin because everything else is added B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, and calcium.