IN 14 DAYS I WON'T BE ABLE TO LOG. SCARED!!

Options
MeIShouldB
MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
In 14 days I move into my apartment on the campus of my new school. I won't be able to log like I have been because of dining hall food, and to be honest....I'm scared. I have gotten so used to logging and done so well with it. Granted, I will make my own breakfast and only have dinner and lunch in the dining hall 5 days a week (I stay with my boyfriend every weekend), but I'm still a little nervous. It's like taking the training wheels off.

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Anyone who hasn't made a log in 14 days should definitely be scared.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    unless you don't have access to WIFI it shouldn't be an issue. There are many cafeteria style foods in the database.
  • lanavabkny
    lanavabkny Posts: 24
    Options
    Im sure the dining hall has to offer some sort of healthy meal plan...not everyone in college lives on burgers and fries. I guess just eat in moderation. Keep your own stock of healthy snacks. Mini fridge in your room for grab and go veggies, etc. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way. Good luck.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    not everyone in college lives on burgers and fries.

Of course not. There's pizza and beer, too.
  • mister_universe
    Options
    not everyone in college lives on burgers and fries.

Of course not. There's pizza and beer, too.

Ramen. How could you.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

You can't possibly be talking to be because I have been logging. But thanks for your completely useless comment.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It was a joke. Without getting too graphic, what is "log" another word for?
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. You won't have Internet?
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I think she thinks she won't be able to log cafeteria food for some reason? I think...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you will be fine. sigh.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You'll do great! Log as best you can! And ENJOY college!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath.

Keep going.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Find other folks in the dorm who want to weigh and measure their food and go to dinner in a group with a scale and measuring cups. I bet you'll have people begging to join your table. Just put up a sign on a bulletin board. Besides, it's a good way to make new acquaintances.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It is definitely harder when you are not prepping your own food, but just use MFP as best as you can, I think most foods will be higher in calories as they are café foods, but just try to make healthier food choices and try to log as best as you can. MFP has a pretty big data base of food, so you should be able to find most items, if you cant find the thing you are looking for, then just do something as close as you can
  • mister_universe
    Options

You can't possibly be talking to be because I have been logging. But thanks for your completely useless comment.

You're welcome. It's the MFP way. :flowerforyou:

Oh...and it was a poop joke. Every thread needs one. Yours needs seventeen.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    They don't have healthy options? Or could you not make a sandwich or salad yourself? Do you have to eat there? I don't get it.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i logged through college. had no problem putting in dining hall foods. may not be exact calories but find a similar item. if you make a turkey sandwich at the deli, log the ingredients. if you're really that lost - log the estimated calories with quick add.
  • msr14
    msr14 Posts: 1
    Options
    Many institutions such as colleges and corporations outsource their food services. My company uses Sodexo, and I've found many Sodexo meals in the database. They also have a website with nutritional information on their prepared meals.

Also... they post all of the nutritional information on screens throughout the cafeteria so at least I have an idea of the calorie count. Call the college and see who the vendor is and see if they can provide more info. Oh, yeah, Sodexo advertises MyFitnessPal!l! So hang in there and don't be swayed by the naysayers. Where there's a will, there's a way. :wink:
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

I think she thinks she won't be able to log cafeteria food for some reason? I think...

Correct
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

When you switch over to Cafeteria food, your logging may be a little loose as you get used to the new food. With new routines, it will be harder to log regularly. Don't worry about this, as it likely won;t do any long term damage. But as you find good matches in the database and settle into a routine, before you know it you'll have the logging all firmed up, and be logging regularly and correctly.