Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What type of excercises should I do that will be effective?

Ok - so I am a stay-at-home mama of 2 little girls with three big dogs to care for as well. I have been trying (try is the key word here) to go running in the morning before the house is awake and even though I am a morning person I find it extremely hard to wake myself up an hour before I have to . I think the weather around here may also be factoring in with the sense of laziness because of the odd humidity that we have been experiencing (of course I know - just another excuse) BUT - I have been doing yard work and deep cleaning my large house which I know burns calories because of all the sweat rolling off my forehead, as well as I do an hour and a half every two days on Dance Central (kinect - super fun way of breaking a sweat). My question would be what other ways can I get myself moving and motivated? I eat pretty darn healthy, stay away from pop and sweets and have been forcing myself to drink lots of water. Is there a way to kick start my metabolism a bit so that I can maybe see that the work and calorie counting is helping? Any tips and advice will be appreciated!

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    If you open your diary, it will help us give you much better advice.
  • MommyofSP
    MommyofSP Posts: 8
    If you open your diary, it will help us give you much better advice.

I didn't realize that it was on private. I set it to Public so that I can get help. Thanks for letting me know - I just started to really get concerned about my weight and my health so any and all advice is appreciated!
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Green tea?

High Intensity Interval training. body weight exercises.

I don't record cleaning as calories burned..
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    I took a look at your diary and you have a lot of fast food ( not in the past couple days but a few before that).

1) Cut out the fast food
    2) add Veggies and fruit.. I see you have some bananas, so keep it up! I have one a day usually!
    3) add lots of water!
    4) Add lean protein ( beef, chicken, fish, etc.)

take the dogs for a walk with the kids

You can do this!
  • Sarahlascelles
    Sarahlascelles Posts: 41 Member
    Mix up your dog walks a bit - if they will play with a ball or similar run after it with them and things like that. More fun and bonding with the dogs too :-)

Also if you're short of time look up High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) or Tabata.
  • MommyofSP
    Green tea?

The reason that I recorded it was it was a LONG sweat producing activity where I was constanly moving and I felt like I deserved to record it since I drank a gallon of water and sweated my butt off for most of the morning. What kind of Green Teas are out there that you would recommend? Thank you for the suggestions! I appreciate feedback - especially positive! :bigsmile:
  • MommyofSP
    I took a look at your diary and you have a lot of fast food ( not in the past couple days but a few before that).

1) Cut out the fast food
    2) add Veggies and fruit.. I see you have some bananas, so keep it up! I have one a day usually!
    3) add lots of water!
    4) Add lean protein ( beef, chicken, fish, etc.)

take the dogs for a walk with the kids

You can do this!

Yeah the fast food intake I was not proud of but I told myself that I would write down everything so that I could figure out where I was going wrong and change it! So this past week I have - lot more homemade food, less eating one meal a day, more protien and fiber intake... Need to make a trip to the grocery store payday for more fruits and veggies. I usually eat a lot of cucmbers, and tomatoes but have to force myself to eat others. Kids are high energy and I'm thinking about adding jumping on the trampoline with them tonight as an excercise!
    Thanks for the feedback!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Green tea?

The reason that I recorded it was it was a LONG sweat producing activity where I was constanly moving and I felt like I deserved to record it since I drank a gallon of water and sweated my butt off for most of the morning. What kind of Green Teas are out there that you would recommend? Thank you for the suggestions! I appreciate feedback - especially positive! :bigsmile:

just want to throw this out there

sweat /=/ a good work out make.

It just means you are sweating.

I'm not judging you- saying you did or did not have a good workout- I'm merely saying it isn't an accurate representation of a workout.
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    lots of at home video excercises on youtube. try out Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds. 30 day shred of Jillian Micheals looks to be effective to so many people here. When walking outside, try to get your heart rate up by walking in faster pace. Dance with your kids! just get moving and eat healthy.
    I do weight training with free weights, I use dumbells and they are very effective too. I lost two pant sizes in less than 2 months just doing them and eating at deficit.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Invest in a food scale and weigh everything you eat. You'd be surprised how off "eyeballing" it is. Watch your portions and eat your favorite foods in moderation and within your calorie goals.

As for exercise, go for a nice long walk! I do 3.5 miles in the morning (at dawn while the kid and hubby are still sleeping). I find that I'm much less stressed out and feel more clear-headed after doing it.

Good luck!