SOMEONE HELP KEEP ME ON TRACK!!

Options
I'm 27. About twenty pounds heavier than I'd like to be. 25, if I'm feeling ambitious. Today's day two of eating clean...she says as she glances over at her office's candy bowl. I need friends to provide encouragement and e-slap me in the face if I'm tempted to go grab a brownie.

My goal is twenty pounds in eighty days. WILL U HALP?

Replies

• keldav84
    keldav84 Posts: 13
    Options
    FR sent :)
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Options
    I especially liked the accompanying message. I immediately turned away from the candy.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    If you can't help yourself you're doomed.
  • beepermad
    Options
    I was joking, but thanks.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    just imagine how those brownies and/ or candy will look on your butt and belly
  • arialswg
    arialswg Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey :) Good for you. Wish I only had 20 lbs to lose. When I started, I needed to lose about 60, though I'd be happy with 50. Now a month later and I'm already down 10 :) I found the first two weeks the hardest as I kept expecting instant results. My advice to you is to not weigh yourself daily. Its just depressing and hurts your motivation because the scale is not a true representation of what's going on, especially if you're also exercising and building muscle. Weight yourself at the most once a week, try to do something active everyday, even if its only going for a walk for 30 minutes, and allow yourself little treats along the way so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. The key is portion control and moderation. 20 lbs in 80 days is an easily obtainable goal.
  • beepermad
    Options
    I know, I know. I'm largely kidding. But there are times when I think that just one won't hurt, and usually that turns to more than one, and I totally rationalize it and feel terrible afterwards. Today and yesterday, I have not had those moments. And I don't know what triggers them. But sooner or later, I will get a craving for something ridiculous, I will publish it on my profile, and I more than anything want someone to shoot me a message saying, "DON'T YOU DARE."

That's what I mean. Not saying that I can't go two whole days without a Twix bar.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I eat brownies, candy, ice cream, pizza and my butt looks the best it's looked in years. Your argument is invalid.

OP, there is no reason you can't have the things you like, but motivation comes from within, not from others.
  • beepermad
    Options
    Hey :) Good for you. Wish I only had 20 lbs to lose. When I started, I needed to lose about 60, though I'd be happy with 50. Now a month later and I'm already down 10 :) I found the first two weeks the hardest as I kept expecting instant results. My advice to you is to not weigh yourself daily. Its just depressing and hurts your motivation because the scale is not a true representation of what's going on, especially if you're also exercising and building muscle. Weight yourself at the most once a week, try to do something active everyday, even if its only going for a walk for 30 minutes, and allow yourself little treats along the way so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. The key is portion control and moderation. 20 lbs in 80 days is an easily obtainable goal.

Thanks, arial!
  • beepermad
    Options

I eat brownies, candy, ice cream, pizza and my butt looks the best it's looked in years. Your argument is invalid.

OP, there is no reason you can't have the things you like, but motivation comes from within, not from others.

Please see my above post clarifying what I meant. Totally not trying to rely on someone to keep me going. Only at those random brownie-craving points. :)
  • sugarchic64
    Options
    if u help me i'll help u???? need motivation and just to be accountable. my email mdmchic64@yahoo.com. I need to lose about 25lbs. just cant seem to stay w/ it!!!!
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You no eat the candy/brownie. I no get a real cigarette and take kids to pool instead.
    It's all good. We've got this.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You will find many here that will help and feel free to add me if you like. We all struggle with the temping foods. Its a part of life. Eating clean is a huge part of the battle to reach the goal of weight loss, but you have to have fun too. So just try to stay focused, if you hit a bump every now and then its not the end of the world and just move on towards the greater goal and you will get there! :)
  • loout
    loout Posts: 13
    Options
    I could use some help staying (getting back) on track also. I have recently gotten to my goal weight and just for kicks set another 5 lb loss goal. I have stopped exercising tho and lack the motivation to get back to it. I realize if I don't, I am just gonna gain back what I lost! Feel free to add me and we can support eachother :)
  • awnye
    awnye Posts: 15
    Options
    Kinda odd how some people go out of their way to tell you you are wrong for asking for encouragement??? like WTH? I think having others along for the ride is great motivation!

I have a hard time with the sugary foods too. I crave them, though I've found, the longer I go without them, the less I actually enjoy eating them when I do give in. So stick with it, and keep other things like strawberries and grapes around to snack on when that temptation gets high!
  • fluffiestface
    fluffiestface Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 30 pounds that I need to lose in 90 days, and could also use some encouragement. I've been a member of myfitnesspal for over a year with no real success because I make the mistake of losing about half of the weight and then thinking I don't need to log my food and exercise anymore. Then I start giving in to those little sugar cravings (I love CANDY), maybe go down to exercising three days a week instead of five, and the next thing you know, I'm back at my starting weight. We should definitely support each other in our quest for health. We don't have far to go, so let's just GET THERE. :flowerforyou:
  • kat_lifts
    kat_lifts Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey! You can do this! Here's what helps me!

Think of the fact that there's NO nutritional value in that brownie or what have you. In fact the bad stuff is only going to STOP your body from absorbing amazing and wonderful nutrients!

A MOMENT on the lips, FOREVER on your hips!

Think about how horrible your feel after choosing to go with that bad choice vs. how strong and in control you are when you decide to make a good decision for you, your body and the LONG life you will create through fitness and real whole nutrient dense food!

Spend some time browsing for your own healthy version of whatever your craving! There are a million and one equally yummy recipes out there! Without a list of ingredient that will weigh you down in life.

Find an alternative to your candy craving with something with a lower GI. Not everyone recommends dates but I just have one with a pecan in it and I don't need to reach for any high fructose ice cream.

Now if this all fails.... Just take ONE savory bite. It's that taste you crave, so that that ONE taste. It's crazy how satisfying it is. I suggest just one bite vs. one whole piece of cake/donut/brownie etc. bc like you said... It becomes more than one.

To be beautiful, eat and do beautiful things!!! Good luck! :)
  • kat_lifts
    kat_lifts Posts: 56
    Options
    And I agree strongly about not wanted certain foods anymore. I used to overindulge in the sweets I "make for my bf" (lol it was for me toooo!) but I've got a whole chocolate cake in the kitchen and the smell kinda... Turns me off. I just crave my one-ingredient banana ice cream!
  • ravensfitnessjourney
    ravensfitnessjourney Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ravensfitnessjourney
    ravensfitnessjourney Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Geez... some people have never heard the line " If you don't have nothin' nice to say, don't say nothin' at all!"
    Dont let the rude people get to you, girlie. :smile: