Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Question for women about that time of the month

So I've been on this weight loss journey for a bit over a month. Everything is going well and I feel much better. However, I noticed that I haven't gotten my period so it's either going to be late or skip this month. This is odd because my period is always regular and only skipped twice in the 12 years I've been having one. Is it normal for your period to skip when you first lose a lot of weight?

Replies

• iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    How late is it? It's normal for your period to be affected. A lot of change is going on in your body. Unless it's like a week or 2 late, I wouldn't be worried.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Are you pregnant?
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Are you pregnant?

Yeah this.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    I don't think just starting a weight loss plan should have an effect. At least in my experience it never has. It certainly can for serious athletes or for those who have lost a massive amount of weight to the point of not being healthy. I'd also advise a pregnancy test if that's a possibility. (I mean, assuming you're more than a few days late).
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Unless you lost a massive amount of weight in a really short time, I don't think it should effect your period really. Since it says you've only lost 11lbs in about a month I don't think that would be enough to effect it, but I guess anything is possible. Is it possible that you are pregnant...? How late are you?
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Wow I didn't even think of pregnancy as a possibility! It's hilarious because I'm a lesbian and doubt I can preform a miracle like that. It's 1-2 weeks late.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Stress affects me much worse than weight loss. Have you had more stress?
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Doesn't seem like more than usual, but maybe stress is catching up with me.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    As you get older, it is possible for your TOM to start changing a bit, but maybe go to the doctor and see what they have to say?
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    I can tell you for certain that when you restrict calories, then your hormonal cycle will disrupt. Have a good look at how much you are eating and make sure its enough. Apart from that, are you stressed?
    If you dont eat enough, then the body will stop ovulating to stop you getting pregnant when you are "starving". No ovulation means no menstruation.
    Check your diary carefully - make sure you have enough nutrition.
  • zipzap77
    zipzap77 Posts: 9
    Increased amounts of exercise can do that. If it does not get back to normal after a few cycles see a dr.