Help me!!!

Options
I got an HRM prolly about a month or two ago...and I love it!!!

today on my run I noticed that it was not keeping track of my heart rate....like I would look down and it would say 0 and then I would like push on the straps then it would go to 180 or something...soo more than half of my workout it said 0 therefore its not tracking calories at all....does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do to fix this problem???

Replies

• cardboardboxes
    cardboardboxes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What kind of heart rate monitor is it?

I have one that has a chest strap along with a watch. If I use the watch only, I have to manually touch it to find out my heart rate, but if I wear the chest strap it does it all automagically.
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    its a polar...and i have both the watch and the strap
  • NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey JulieSue...

A couple of things...first what type of HRM do you use? If it is the strap around your chest you need to ensure that it fits nice and snug. Second, you don't need a HRM to track calories....you can and should use your current weight and the speed at which you are running...
    For example....a person who weighs 160 lbs and run's for 60 minutes at 6 MPH (thats a 10:00 per mile pace) will burn 730 calories....using another example..that same person who weighs 160 lbs and runs at 5 MPH (thats a 12:00 per mile pace) will burn 614 calories...big difference. Time + Effort = Calories burned.

If you use a running log like the one found at www.runnersworld.com it will track how many calories you actually did burn based off of your most current run.
  • JulieSue
    Options
    thanks so much!!! its a polar f6 and I had not had a problem with it until now :0(
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the chest strap isn't in the correct position or the contacts are dry. Reposition the strap and moisten the contacts on the strap and see if that works (I've had to do this too). Another possibility is that your battery in the chest strap is dying... I had that problem with mine and when I changed the battery it started working correctly again.
  • JulieSue
    Options
    how do you change the batteries?? in either of them??