looking for friends

Hello All I have been here for about 2 years now and this time i'm more dedicated than ever. I'm looking for new friends that will keep me accountable and we can motivate each other. My diary is currently open to my friends; so feel free to request me. I have never been fit or in shape for most of my 20s. Got through college on Wendy's dollar menu.
I'm currently 29 with a 2y.o and a 6m.o baby.
cw 168
GW 140
Goal is to be very fit and firm.

This week I started an eating well program (6 meals/day) and an 8 weeks-Fat Loss program.
Let the Journey Begins; No more excuses

Replies

• loout
    loout Posts: 13
    Welcome back!! I have recently reached my goal weight and have set a new 5 lb loss goal. I went from 157 to 130 in 6 months. I started out by doing Taebo 3 times a week, walking a mile on the days I did not do Taebo and taking weekends off. I didnt really watch what I was eating at first. I did this for about 4 months then I started doing Insanity and watched what I ate (this is where I seen my best results). I had two weeks of Insanity left and stopped due to a very stressful situation that made me completely loose my appetite and didn't eat much for a week (not healthy). Anyway i wish you luck and feel free to add me :)
  • Gge23
    Gge23 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Ness,
    I'm looking for people to help motivate me as well and keep me on track, so I would love to help you do the same!
    I'm 21, just finished second year of university and have become a little more comfortable than desired on quick food fixes between lectures and studying!!
    I am wanting to curb my horrible snacking habits and become more motivated to actually move about a bit more.
    I have lost 9lbs already, my starting weight was 168lb, and my goal is to be 133lb.
    I've been counting my calories for nearly 2 weeks now and I am so happy with the progress I am making, it would be wonderful to be able to motivate each other!
    I would love to learn more about your fat loss program too as I am trying my hardest to shape up my hips and thighs but nothing seems to be working for me at the moment.
    I hope all goes well and you reach that goal!!
    Good luck!
  • Gge23
    Welcome back!! I have recently reached my goal weight and have set a new 5 lb loss goal. I went from 157 to 130 in 6 months. I started out by doing Taebo 3 times a week, walking a mile on the days I did not do Taebo and taking weekends off. I didnt really watch what I was eating at first. I did this for about 4 months then I started doing Insanity and watched what I ate (this is where I seen my best results). I had two weeks of Insanity left and stopped due to a very stressful situation that made me completely loose my appetite and didn't eat much for a week (not healthy). Anyway i wish you luck and feel free to add me :)

Can I ask what taebo and insanity are? They sound rather interesting!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    ...in all the wrong places.... sorry couldn't resist!

Hi!
  • loout
    loout Posts: 13

Can I ask what taebo and insanity are? They sound rather interesting!

Taebo is a workout dvd by Billy Blanks that includes mixed martial arts. There are different dvds such as Taebo Cardio and Taebo Fat Blaster (those are the two I have). I found Fat Blaster works better. It is basically incorporating punching and kicking into a 45 minute workout.

Insanity is a 8 week workout program by Shawn T and includes cardio, strength, and balance. You can also follow the Elite Meal Program for better results while doing Insanity. It is killer for the first couple of weeks but after the initial soreness goes away, it gets a little easier.
  • Ness8411
    Ness8411 Posts: 44
    I'm pretty much counting calories and exercising. I used to go to my work gym and tried to burn 1000 cals on the threadmill
    Now I'm trying to stay within my cal on Weekends and following a weight
    Loss program on youtube. My first minigoal is 15lbs by september 30.
    Bad snacks always taste better :)
  • Gge23
    I used to do karate so taebo sounds right up my street! Thanks for letting me know ^_^
    Yeh I agree with you Ness, I try so hard to stay on the nice healthy snacks, but in the end I always get a horrible craving for the bad stuff and that's when I lose it :( hopefully everyone's support will keep steering me in the right direction ^_^
  • Ness8411
    Ness8411 Posts: 44
    yup, that's why it is good to keep diary open.