Is It Possible to Get a Six-Pack if You use to Weigh ...?

Options
Is it possible to develop a six-pack if your starting weight was on the high end of the 200's? I was 240 pounds and I have had 2 children, even though one is deceased. My stomach use to be big enough where I looked pregnant and I could not see past it. Now, it has shrunk tremendously as I do various strength training exercises, squats, and a little cardio. But, I have seen the success stories on here of women that were never that big to begin with who do certain exercises and gain a six-pack. Most of these women have never had kids, some have, but they were never over 200 pounds, maybe just on the high end of the 100's. Has anyone been 240 pounds or more and lost all the weight and been able to develop a six pack, or would it take years because of all the fat you have to burn through before you can even see the muscle?

Replies

• cchavez88
    cchavez88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good question! I'd like to know too.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I think if you lose the weight slowly enough it might be possible. A lot of loose skin comes from losing the weight too rapidly for the skin to compensate.
  • RunningActor
    RunningActor Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    First, I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with the loss of a child, no one should have to go through that.

When it comes to your question, 6-pack abs are just a matter of bodyfat percentage and where you're carrying it. If you have muscular abs and a low Bf% you will have a 6 pack, it just might take a while if your skin is loose.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Sure.
    Will it take years? Maybe.