I need tips for eating less

Options
I swear I would be in such great shape if only I could have self control over my eating! I workout all the time, and I work out HARD! I don't mind doing it, but I wish that I didn't have so much trouble eating everything around me. Does anyone have some helpful tips for feeling less hungry and eating less? Thanks!

Replies

• alan79
    alan79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue and changed what food I bought /ate which solved it for me. For example I always have almonds, raisins, salad in the house and eat that as a snack instead of what I ate before.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Eat higher amounts of fiber and whole foods -- they are low cal and fill you up. I eat mostly natural foods and feel like I'm eating all the time. I eat 3 meals and at least 3 snacks within 1600 calories, and the only time I'm hungry is when I wake up in the morning (and sometimes I go to bed a little hungry). I'd be glad to give you more specific suggestions if you want.
  • faithjones83
    faithjones83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have found that simply making healthier choices is making a big difference for me. So I am choosing cereal bars, smartpop popcorn etc. They fill me up more with less. I also really only drink water or crystal light most days. I have realized that I would rather eat my calories than drink them!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    make sure you eat whole, natural foods. increase your fiber intake if you can. eat every 2-3 hrs. try to eat complex carbs ( NO white flour.sugary foods) have healthy fats and lean proteins with each meal/snack. and ....drink plenty of water, more than 8 might help. good luck!
  • AmeliasGrumma
    Options
    Are you logging all your food and accurately measuring your portions. You'd be surprised how portion control can throw you off! I had to start measuring everything--hubby was a cook--drives him nuts! But I'm measuring my food--not his! LOL
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    It's what you eat...

A Happy Meal at McDonalds has 550 calories, 25g of fat (mostly bad fat), 63 carbs, and 17g protein. It is barely enough for a child.

On the other hand, my meal the other night was (boneless/skinless) chicken breast (140g) lightly breaded and browned in Pam, with capers in white wine sauce, an entire eggplant, sliced, breaded and sauteed in olive oil, a ceasar salad with dressing and parmesan cheese,. AND a cup (raw) of steamed yellow squash. HUGE plate of food, plus salad bowl and...it came to 474 calories, 23g of fat (mostly good fat), 17g of carbs and 48g of protein. The first meal would have me starving in no time, the second one kept me going for hours.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It's what you eat...

A Happy Meal at McDonalds has 550 calories, 25g of fat (mostly bad fat), 63 carbs, and 17g protein. It is barely enough for a child.

On the other hand, my meal the other night was (boneless/skinless) chicken breast (140g) lightly breaded and browned in Pam, with capers in white wine sauce, an entire eggplant, sliced, breaded and sauteed in olive oil, a ceasar salad with dressing and parmesan cheese,. AND a cup (raw) of steamed yellow squash. HUGE plate of food, plus salad bowl and...it came to 474 calories, 23g of fat (mostly good fat), 17g of carbs and 48g of protein. The first meal would have me starving in no time, the second one kept me going for hours.

Would you come cook for me, that meal sounds lovely, LOL.