Any horsey people??

Options
Any horsey people on here trying to fit trimming down/toning up around tending to their beloved steed's every want and need?! Lol. Please add!

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Since joining, I've reached a point where I can get on my pony (14 handish Haflinger) from the ground at need. I mostly drive her, but being able to mount without help makes trail riding more possible in the near future (also suffer from lack of confidence riding out - so have to get past that, too)
  • Anakin14
    Anakin14 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well done, that's great!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I tried the local horse specialty here the other day. It was pretty good.
  • Anakin14
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed.
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    meeee!!! sending you a request now :)
    my gal is 19 years old and a chronic founderer (though finally found a farrier who has been responsible for a tremendous turnaround in her health and i can finally start riding again - woo hoo!!) so i don't do a ton of riding, but it was a huge part of my life, and will always be a part of my life. they are such amazing creatures :heart:
  • Anakin14
    Options
    Oh cool! Ah that's a shame, I had a lami horse once, so tough to deal with. Glad she is on the mend now though :) I have a 4 year old sports horse that I'm just backing at the moment, so riding everyday. Good exercise though! :)
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    when i was riding all the time i had such strong legs and shoulders. i used to just show in the arabian circuit, so i can't even imagine how crazy strong your legs have to be to be up out of the saddle (mini squats!) so often for jumping! the most we did in that respect was a hand gallop. i used to always try to drop my stirrups though and do it. im sure i couldn't do that now! i definitely miss riding every single day like i used to, but im so glad i finally got the a-okay. i was just thinking how i needed to post a horse post to see who else was out there, so i'm really glad you did. anyway, i'd be interested to set up my heart monitor and see how many calories a simple ride burns. thanks again for posting this!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I miss riding. I used to ride everyday when I was in high school....even when I was in cross country and track. Now that I live in the city, I don't know where to go. Plus I don't have the time and money right now. Maybe if I get my dream home in the burbs, I will also be able to have space for a horse.