SlimQuick! Should I use it?

Options
So I am starting my new diet today and that is including taking SlimQuick. I am in need of some extra help so I decided to try this out. What do you think? Has anyone else tried it? Any side effects?:ohwell:

Replies

• iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    So I am starting my new diet today and that is including taking SlimQuick. I am in need of some extra help so I decided to try this out. What do you think? Has anyone else tried it? Any side effects?:ohwell:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out, how do you know you need the extra help?:huh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out, how do you know you need the extra help?:huh:

Exactly :wink:

You didn't get to your current weight with help, but it did take time. You don't need help to get back to an ideal weight, but it also will take time.

Its not to be mean when I say that, I say it because I care. Think about if you use something like that as a crutch. What happens when you stop taking it? In 99.9% of cases, rebound. What comes with the rebound? A feeling of helplessness, and failure. I've been there - a lot of times actually.

Set tiny easily completed goals, build up your confidence, and come up with a diet that works for what you need and you can live with for the rest of your life. Add exercise into your life. Think long term, not short term. If you want something to act as an appetite suppressant, drink brewed green tea, and a ton of water.

The only pill you should take is a woman's multivitamin.

-Matthew
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My opinion, don't need it. If you follow the guidelines from MFP and exercise you will lose the weight you want the healthy way, keep it off and feel great. Save your money and don't use any diet gimmicks or pills.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Along the way. . .I have tried virtually every diet pill. (I confess!!!!) The only extra weight I ever lost was in my purse.

Msarro is right. . .you just don't need them.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Here here! I agree with all the above posts. It takes time. Diet products tend to help you lose weight the wrong ways. They don't train you to live healthier, they just substitue one way to keep you unhealthy for another. I.E. drinking something that fills you up with little caloric value doesn't train your body how to eat less, it just changes the things you eat. The reason why people who take diet products don't keep the weight off is because they are artificially distorting their body chemistry, when they stop, the body goes back to the same ways. That's why people who "diet" put the weight back on (and then some usually). The best and (IMHO) only way to do it right is to gradually change your eating habits to be healthier, and more concious of what you eat, and of course, to exercise regularly.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm with everybody else. Diet pills are the short term. Unless you plan to take them forever, which obviously you wouldn't be.

Dieting is NOT easy. Like Matt said, you didn't gain the weight fast and you can't expect to lose it fast.

I have lost 76 lbs so far (since October 1, 2007). It has taken hard work, diet, exercise. I write down everything I eat, I make sure all my drinks are calorie free so that i can CHEW UP those calories lol. Everything that passes my lips, I think about it first. I eat 5x a day.. breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner, snack.

WATER, lots of it. In the evenings, after dinner when you get that munchy mood............ smart ones desserts are awesome and very, very good! I've also started to buy some fat free icecream and put 1/2 cup into a plain cone (the cones are only 20 calories and no fat).

I have totally 100% changed my way of life. No more eggs for me, no more butter, no more sugar, no more red meat (only rarely as a treat), no more regular cheese (fat free only), skim milk, splenda when I do need something sweetened, water water water water, chicken, turkey, fish, WATER lol.

I work out 7 days a week (with a rare 6 days a week in there somtimes when life gets nuts). I have 4 kids and work full time, if I have time to do it anybody does!

It just takes work, you can do it!

:flowerforyou:

Ang
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Toss is out! :angry: Don't sacrifice your body for diet pills, drinks or powders! No gimmicks will work! The others are right, and think of this, too: some of those diet "solutions" effect your blood pressure, cholesterol and water retention--which is needed for your body to run smoothly! Just be sure to eat properly, and you'll get to your goal safely! :flowerforyou:

And, honey, after reading Ang's info, I'm pumped to adopt some of her habits!!!:love:

:heart: Button
  • kerrilucko
    Options

I have totally 100% changed my way of life. No more eggs for me, no more butter, no more sugar, no more red meat (only rarely as a treat), no more regular cheese (fat free only), skim milk, splenda when I do need something sweetened, water water water water, chicken, turkey, fish, WATER lol.

Gotta say this, eggs are VERY good for you. And so it red meat, in moderation. Just choose lean cuts. :bigsmile: Couldn't live without my scrambled eggs!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I see why you want to use them...it seems like a diet boost! But really you are just wasting your money, that is not good for your health! Lose the weight with MFP and keep it off with us too!

Jess
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm with everybody else. Diet pills are the short term. Unless you plan to take them forever, which obviously you wouldn't be.

Dieting is NOT easy. Like Matt said, you didn't gain the weight fast and you can't expect to lose it fast.

I have lost 76 lbs so far (since October 1, 2007). It has taken hard work, diet, exercise. I write down everything I eat, I make sure all my drinks are calorie free so that i can CHEW UP those calories lol. Everything that passes my lips, I think about it first. I eat 5x a day.. breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner, snack.

WATER, lots of it. In the evenings, after dinner when you get that munchy mood............ smart ones desserts are awesome and very, very good! I've also started to buy some fat free icecream and put 1/2 cup into a plain cone (the cones are only 20 calories and no fat).

I work out 7 days a week (with a rare 6 days a week in there somtimes when life gets nuts). I have 4 kids and work full time, if I have time to do it anybody does!

It just takes work, you can do it!

:flowerforyou:

Ang

Just wanted to say congrats:drinker: :drinker: , your before and after pics say it all!!!! Good for you, from one Angie to another!!!!
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Gotta say this, eggs are VERY good for you. And so it red meat, in moderation. Just choose lean cuts. :bigsmile: Couldn't live without my scrambled eggs!

I have to disagree about eggs being VERY good for you... watch that cholesterol!
    Check out: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Um... My new diet. Which I mean my new one out of the other 4 I've tried and so far fell off the wagon. I'm not an expert or anything but lets see... I've done south beach, which I did lose weight but it's hard to cook 2 different meals when the husband and kids don't want to eat your meal. Weight watchers, that got expensive. And others. I don't lose the weight very easy so that's why I'm asking about taking a weght loss pill.
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's replys. They are encouraging. I will take everything in stride. I was just wondering what everyone thought.:happy:
  • tanzmamma
    Options

I eat egg beaters now.. just not real eggs :)
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    [/quote]

Just wanted to say congrats:drinker: :drinker: , your before and after pics say it all!!!! Good for you, from one Angie to another!!!!
    [/quote]

Thank you :)
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I tried all different diets,pills and shakes. This time I am doing it the right way. Make healthy choices, exercise and support from your MFP Friends can help when you are having a rough time. We all have fallen off the wagon. Then we start a new day. You can do it this time. :drinker: :drinker:
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    Um... My new diet. Which I mean my new one out of the other 4 I've tried and so far fell off the wagon. I'm not an expert or anything but lets see... I've done south beach, which I did lose weight but it's hard to cook 2 different meals when the husband and kids don't want to eat your meal. Weight watchers, that got expensive. And others. I don't lose the weight very easy so that's why I'm asking about taking a weght loss pill.

I don't lose weight easily either.. I've battled my weight all my life. I remember the summer before 9th grade..... I went through an anorexic phase i guess you could say? I lost 40 lbs in one summer NOT in a healthy way... I didnt eat and when I DID eat, I ate applesauce :(. Luckily, those habits didn't stick with me.. but unfortunately the weight came back gradually through high school.

Then I got married at 18... had a baby, got HUGE (272!)........ lost some... got pregnant again... got big again but not AS big (245)............. I got divorced... that divorce diet works fast.. lmao I got thin again (not in a healthy way....). But once I got through that the weight slowly crept back. I was remarried October 2006 ... gained even more weight. And then last fall when I saw a picture of myself looking like pillsbury dough girl... I decided something had to change!

In the past I have tried starvation (i dont recommend it lol), diet pills, weight watchers, south beach, slim fast, weight watchers AGAIN................ and what has worked best for me so far.. is just good old fashioned counting calories/fat and working out! I feel SO much better about myself now. I do still have 28 to go to get to my personal goal. But I never want to feel like pillsbury dough girl ever again!

It's HARD WORK...... definitely not easy but the outcome is so worth it!
  • kerrilucko
    Options

I have to disagree about eggs being VERY good for you... watch that cholesterol!
    Check out: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

Not saying I eat a dozen a day or anything. Studies are now showing that the cholesterol in eggs is not at all like people used to believe. Something in the makeup of the egg actually balances it out. Saw it on the news. They are especially good for you if you buy the omega kind. You can also remove yolks. sayyyyy 1 whole egg plus 2 eggwhites scrambled. Eggs are definitely VERY good for you.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I acutally did try this supplement at one time a few years ago... yes, I admit it. And I hated it. The main reason I didn't like it was because it gave me terrible headaches. I ended up taking it back to the store after one week.

Maybe it will work for you though... it claims to be pretty successful for women with stress.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: