Chip Cravings? Try Savory Zucchini Chips!

Options
getting_fit86
getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
I have always had trouble denying and staying away from salty, crunchy foods. With zucchini chips, I can still get my crunch and that nice touch of flavor without breaking the calorie bank at all! I wish I had pictures but I did make these last night and if I make them in the near future I will take a picture to post. These are seriously crunchy!

Ingredients:

-1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup of milk (you can use almond milk or whisked egg whites if you want)
- 1/8 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese (you can use the pre-packaged stuff if you do not have access to fresh)
- pinch of chili powder
- dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- 1 tsp of seasoning salt (If desired - skip this if you want to cut back on the sodium)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pam olive oil spray

Directions: Preheat oven to 425. Slice zucchini with a mandolin slicer (the zucchini needs to be ultra thin). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, pepper, chili powder, garlic salt and seasoning salt. In a separate bowl, fill with milk. Spray baking sheet with some Pam spray. Take your zucchini slices, dip in the milk and then coat with seasonings and place on baking sheet. Once all slices are coated with seasonings, drizzle olive oil over top. Bake for 20- 30 minutes until crispy and golden brown, flipping only once half way through.

Replies

• LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I am blessed that I don't have a sweet tooth....but my struggle comes in saying no to the salty crunchy snacks......and I usually lose. I'm trying to get back on the low-carb wagon and really struggle with the lack of crunchy alternatives to chips/crackers/ect. I will definitely be trying these....probably with the egg instead of the milk, and I absolutely cannot wait!
  • helengardenlady
    Options
    I have just made these what a fabulous idea! I am going to serve them with my 'mock mayonnaise'- I posted the recipe earlier-and aglass of rose. I could almost imagine I'm not on a diet!
  • halama626
    halama626 Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum,
    but I love chips,,,
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic!

Thanks!!
  • Eveys89
    Eveys89 Posts: 15
    Options
    Great idea! Will definitely have to try :)
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Making these tomorrow - we have a glut of courgettes in the garden!
    Thanks for a great idea.
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I found these on Pinterest before. I compared them to "fried pickles" to the kids (since the word zuccini seems to scare children) and they love them. We serve them hot out the oven! yumsos!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Interesting..going to have try these.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CandiceChaCha
    Options
    These are in the oven right now!
  • susanrose73
    susanrose73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • julk_1212
    julk_1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Kale chips? They're just as good!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!
  • jewel22887
    jewel22887 Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks will try it :)
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Darn this sounds good....and my garden is busting with zuchinni right now! Thanks for sharing!
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    bump
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump thank you op for shareing