Ripped in 30

Hello Everyone,

Today was my first day of starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but MFP doesn't have this workout in the system. Does anyone know generally how many calories are burned during week 1-4? Or is there a way for me to put in the exercises manually just so I feel like I accomplished something? Also if you have done the Ripped in 30 DVD please share you results and experiences with me. I will need a lot of support to finish this one.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Those are very individual results. I find MFP overestimates most burns. If you can afford it (some are fairly cheap) buy a hrm that counts calories for your particular age/height/weight and use it when exercising. These will be about 98% accurate.
  • alexandriapatton
    alexandriapatton Posts: 117 Member
    Those are very individual results. I find MFP overestimates most burns. If you can afford it (some are fairly cheap) buy a hrm that counts calories for your particular age/height/weight and use it when exercising. These will be about 98% accurate.

Thank you, that's very helpful!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Most people log Jillian's workouts as "circuit training". :happy:
  • alexandriapatton
    Most people log Jillian's workouts as "circuit training". :happy:

OH thank you! This will help until I get that calorie counter!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Circuit training it is :) Remember that the real training only takes 18-20 minutes, though. The rest is warm up and stretching.
    Have fun! I had fantastic results with Ripped in 30.
  • alexandriapatton
    Circuit training it is :) Remember that the real training only takes 18-20 minutes, though. The rest is warm up and stretching.
    Have fun! I had fantastic results with Ripped in 30.

May I ask you what kind of results you had? Currently I'm 5'8 144 pounds, 29.5 in waist. I've been doing Zumba for a couple of months and now I'm stuck at 144, so I thought a change up would be good to get off the plateau.
  • Vyvvv
    Vyvvv Posts: 2 Member
    I did Week 1 once and wore my heart rate monitor from Polar. I burned 200 calories in 30 minutes doing the workout. But I am only 5'4 tall and 120 lbs ;) My AVG heart rate was 135 and my MAX 165. Hope this helps!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Glad I came across your post I started yesterday an didn't know how to input it so I did 10 minutes cardio section and 10 minutes of strength lol I also have a jm workout group going on if you like I an send you a request
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    I log it as circuit training for 15 to 20 mins and mfp says I burned around 200 cals....I am in week 3 of ripped in 30....started it after I completed 30 day shred....well week 2 and 3 are brutal....not to scare you sorry....just a heads up....I felt 30 day shred gave me a good practice for what I am encountering in ripped in 30....good luck to you....you can ask any other questions you have about RI 30.....:flowerforyou:
  • haileemou
    haileemou Posts: 153
    I finished 30 day shred 2 weeks ago and just started ripped in 30, I'm finding it harder already! But I felt so fab after the shred I knew this would give me a challenge and work again! I'm on day 5 (had 2 days off for illness though) I guessed on the burn so I put 250 cals, keep it going you will be amazed at how your body changes
  • PTFighter
    PTFighter Posts: 11
    funny question or not :) is ripped in 30 for women only or it apllies to all people?

this morning i did week 1 for the first time but without the weights, no need to say, after lunch, i ran to a local sport store and get 2 3 kg dumbbell.
  • alexandriapatton
    funny question or not :) is ripped in 30 for women only or it apllies to all people?

this morning i did week 1 for the first time but without the weights, no need to say, after lunch, i ran to a local sport store and get 2 3 kg dumbbell.

I'm pretty sure it's for anyone who wants to try. Right now I don't have the weights, so I use soda cans LOL. It's probably not even close to a 2 lbs weight, but for me it's hard enough doing it as it is. The hardest part for me are the push ups and the planks... my upper body strength sucks :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    When I started the Shred, which I did before Ripped in 30, I couldn't do one single military pushup. When I started RI30, I could already so a few. You will be surprised how fast it goes.

If you can, get a set of weights. You will need heavier weights for some exercises if you want decent results.
  • alexandriapatton
    When I started the Shred, which I did before Ripped in 30, I couldn't do one single military pushup. When I started RI30, I could already so a few. You will be surprised how fast it goes.

If you can, get a set of weights. You will need heavier weights for some exercises if you want decent results.

Thanks, yea I'm gonna get my hands on some weights as soon as I can. And for push ups, what I have to do is just lay on my stomach and push myself up that way. I literally can't even do them with knees on the ground. I think if I keep going that way, I'll build up enough to do it with the knees, and then military style. :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    You can start standing against a wall, too.