What kind of pet(s) do you have??

Options

Replies

• courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying I LOVE ANIMALS! I would take any/all pets that needed a home if I could(provided that I could provide the appropriate habitat for them). With that being said, I currently have 2 dogs, 2 pekin ducks and a mouse. I love the not-so-typical pets.

Dogs: Blonde Yorkie Poo, Daisey Mae 12 years old, F
    Chihuahua: Predator James 5 years old, M

Both of them I adopted after the previous owners decided they couldn't take care of them anymore. I totally would have not named my big ole' baby of a chihuahua Predator. I call him Pre-pre for short. My childhood dog was the only one we didn't adopt, but he passed away a few years back of Kidney failure. We did everything we could to try and prevent it. It still breaks my heart. His name was Mugzy Douglas(My family loves to give middle names to our pets Haha.)

My two ducks are Bert and Ernie, 3 years old, M. We bought them from the pet shop. They are SO spoiled. They have a built in pond and all kinds of natural vegetation to play/hide in. We also built them a house that they love! When it becomes dark, they immediately go in their house. Both love worms and blueberries. Not a big fan of women though(They literally put the heads down and charge at them). They give some pretty brutal pecks too! They have been like that since ducklings too!

My mouse's name is Ms. Pearl(originally we named her Niblet Pearl, but the name Niblet did not stay as it didn't "fit" her). We then gradually added the Ms. HAHA. She also goes by Pearly whirl and Pearly pants.She is around a year old(give or take). I actually got her because she looks just like my yorkie poo, just in mouse form. She is precious!! Has a personality out this world.

Love, love, love my pets!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My 8-year-old Black American longhair cat, Sarek von Lichtenstein

992901_10200739366025234_1112915725_n.jpg

aww.. look at this face!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    at the moment, 1 black lab (male), and 1 rabbit (male). Hoping to add another dog soon :)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Our 85 pound lap dog:

v5glp47.jpg

cfwrPVk.jpg
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Well one of the turltes just croaked, so I'm down to 2 cats, dog, fish, and one turtle.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have been ahhhing over all these pics. I go gooey for pets. Babies... not so much :tongue:
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    @ nutter: sorry to hear that, he didnt live long and prosper then?
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    @ nutter: sorry to hear that, he didnt live long and prosper then?

He lived for quite a while. Unfortunately he didn't prosper.

Actually he didn't even live that long...
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @links: OMG The first picture is so cute and funny! LOVE IT!

@glitter: SAME HERE!! HAHA
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a Siamese cat >';'<

**edit -- I also live with two other cats, a dog, and a bearded dragon
  • Bravyn
    Bravyn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs. My 13 year old golden Retriever - Nicco, and my baby, my 15 month old Pug, Booger. :) I love my furbabies.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 rescued "pups"...
    Greyhound off the track is I believe 9 years old "Brook"
    Airedale Terrier who I've had since 2005 "Jill" no clue on her age, 8 ish??

Quaker/Monk Parakeet I've named "Elmo" (no clue on sex) who will be 6 & talks a blue streak
    (3 videos here->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvb4oBL80G4)
    1 Lady Gouldian finch (mate died last week) in the outdoor aviary

Also have TMTC tropical fish aquariums & one pond of Goldfish in the yard.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Hermit crab, guinea pig and a spotted leopard gecko.

Trying to talk to the husband into letting us get a dog. So far, no dice. But so far I've been playing fair. I haven't taken him to a pet store yet. hehe
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    A 5 year old Bichon Frise lap dog
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Two cats. Boy-Maximilian, grey tiger on top/pure white on bottom.

Girl-Miranda, orange/black/white calico.

Both are beautiful and awesome.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    One rescue dachshund named Bixby
    2 rescue cats (gray tabby - Fuzzy and black - Sassy)

and yes, english bulldogs are lazy, that's what they are known for - I volunteer at the local English bulldog rescue. They are just couch potatoes :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    A one year old brown Schnuazer/Chihuahua name Penny.
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Two cats (7 year old orange/white tabby and 3 year old brown/grey/white tabby) and a mean little blue parakeet. I'm not a fan of birds, but one of my husband's sleazy relatives didn't want pets anymore and was just going to abandon him, so I took him in.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    6 cats. 4 of them are rescues. Shadow and Phantom we got from a friend of my daughters, when they were babies. They are twin tuxedo's. Then we rescued Shade from the alley. he looked just like our boys and came walking right up to us, so we fed him and took him in. Then we rescued 2 kittens from the alley, their mama was feral. One is a grey Tabby girl we named Silver and the other is an all black boy named Onyx. And now we have another tuxedo, that I care for, but he refuses to come in the house. His name is Morpheus. He's pretty wild and doesn't allow anyone to touch him. Yes, I am the crazy cat lady. lol
  • t_welch11
    t_welch11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have
    4 dogs: Draco-Rottweiler, Koda-husky mix, Oscar-German Shephard, & Obi-sheltie
    3 cats: Frodo, Kahn, & Lucifer
    3 horses: Dolly-Arabian, Gunner-Palomino Quarter, & Shadow-Guerilla Appaloosa

I'd post photos, but I don't know how to on here lol