New to MFitness Pal - saying hello

Options
Hi there,
I recently discovered MyFitness Pal after reading about on Runnersworld.com. I had been doing the old-fashioned method of food journaling for awhile now (writing it down in a spiral book), but this is so much more convenient and super helpful in that it not only gives you your basics (cals, protein, fats, carbs) but also vitamins/minerals and sugars! Awesome!
My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs by Christmas...I am an exercise nut and enjoy running/walking, biking and yoga. My downfall are sweets and overeating (can I blame my big-appetite SO for that? lol), so I hope MyFitness Pal helps me be more mindful of my portions and snacking. Glad to be here! :)

Replies

• nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    welcome. It is a great site. You will really like it. Makes tracking your food and exercise so easy.
    Nancy
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Good luck to you on your journey I hope you meet your goal x
  • kitt7769
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I really enjoy having the app on my iPhone so I can keep track of the calories as I consume them. Although the last couple of days have been difficult, sometimes life is just like that. I still found myself recording everything which means its becoming 2nd naure to me and that's a good thing. Good luck with your goal!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MPF! Here's to making your goal!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! I really love being able to track nutrients on this site... it makes it easier to see if and when I'm meeting my nutrition goals, and the balance of my energy between carbs/fat/protein. Good luck with your weight loss (10-15 by Christmas sounds totally reasonable), and I hope you enjoy MFP!