Does anyont NOT weigh?

Options
Im SO tired of being a slave to the scale. I have decided this time, it really doesn't matter anymore. Im tired of looking forward to Friday morning, making sure I eat right all week long....watch my sodium intake (I bloat so easily) and then end up with disappointment and self doubt at the end of the week. I focus so much on that # that it really screws with me and I end up losing motivation....and then end up with the "F it" attitude.

I feel so much better and more optimistic that Im going to get this done for LIFE now, rather than a "diet" where Im trying to hit a # goal. Anyway, just thought I'd share and see if there are any others out there that feel similar. :)

Replies

• debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know some people do this, for the same reasons that you state in your post. I am okay right now with measuring my success by the scale but I may give it up when I get closer to goal when I need to burn a little fat and gain muscle. The scale will jump around more then.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once/month (@ end of the month) and track measurements/how my clothes fit instead.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I stopped. I haven't weighed in over a month and a half. I decided that I would take measurements and another photo on Friday since I haven't in a while. I know that I am smaller and it's not possible to really gain fat because I know my deficit is where it should be.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I weighed every day for about a year and a month. I am about 20 pounds from goal, so my progress has slowed; therefore, I'm weighing in every 2-3 days. This is to keep me from killing myself bc I keep losing and gaining the same two pounds for the past 3 weeks. Lol.

I weighed every day to see how my choices reflected on the scale. I could identify for me that carbs and natural sugars were holding me back even when I was eating them regularly within my calorie restriction.

I hope you strike a balance that works for your mind and body.. Good luck!
  • 36Frieda
    36Frieda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I decided as well to weigh once a month and instead of numbers to focus on eating healthy and feeling well. I do not count calories either, just focus on sensible portions of healthy foods. Numbers tend to preoccupy and trigger me.
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I rely more on the mirror rather than the scale to judge progress, the only time I will use the scale is to make sure I am not stalling in progress.
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The scale and I have an understanding... I don't mess with it and it doesn't mess with me. We're both much happier this way. :happy: My cloths tell me what I need to know.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    I only weigh at my physician's office - for now anyway.
  • lvnh
    lvnh Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The last time I weighed myself was a month ago. I used to be scale obsessed but this time my focus for working out is based on how I feel, not so much how I look, if that makes sense. I use my gym time as 'me time' and my workout sessions are my stress relieving sessions.

Good luck in your journey!
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself last night for the first time in 4 months. I like to use how I feel and how my clothes fit to judge how my progress is going. So far so good:happy:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I did this for a while to get back to a healthier place mentally regarding my weight, body image, self esteem, etc. I just started weighing again about a month ago, however I am not as hard on myself, dont weigh in 8 times a day like I used to, and have come to be OK with the ups and downs. I only record losses on my ticker, unless a gain sticks around for more than a week.

I have a much more carefree attitude about what I weight, and just focus on progression with my fitness over all now

Edited for typo :smile:
  • silentnightmare
    Options
    I have absolutely no intention to weigh daily, weekly or even monthly. Whats more important is how you feel and the sizes dropping. I will only measure or weigh if I feel curious. Your body fluctuates weights throughout the day and muscle weights more than fat - so for me (and most) the best sort of checking progress, if you want a number to prove it, is measurement or clothes sizes or if you need a visual, a weekly/monthly photo.
  • kbbeale
    kbbeale Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I felt as if breaking the relationship with my scale was the right thing to do. :) I feel great, lots better physically and mentally....so Im just staying OFF for quite a while. Maybe I'll weigh around Christmas. We'll see.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I weighed every single day for the past 18 months. It helped me. It kept me motivated and focused. However, now that I am 10 lbs from goal the scale barely moves and just frustrates me so i'm thinking of stepping away from it and focusing on other aspects.
  • Aspieb
    Aspieb Posts: 26
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning - but I don't plan on doing it again for quite some time. I haven't decided how long. Maybe never. Actually, that sounds pretty good:)
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am so horrible at weighing myself! I do first thing in the morning and several times throughout the day. I joined a challenge though and now I am committed to not weighing in until August 14th.