Don't feel like eating- healthy high calorie foods?

Options
Glynneybug
Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
Hi all,

My Dad's next BIG surgery is right around the corner and the closer it gets the less I feel like eating. I hold my emotions in my stomach- unfortunetly. Any suggestions on high calorie good for you foods that I can eat to keep my calories on track during this time? I can only think of high- calorie bad for you foods, because that's all I'm used to. Thanks in advance for the advise and for your time checking this out.

~Glynis

Replies

• guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    cheese, peanut butter, hardboiled eggs (don't make you feel stuffed, especially during high stress times) cottage cheese, peanut butter and honey on toast...couple of my favorites and easy enough to pack up and take on the go or snack on when you get home from the hospital? avocado is a good one too...nuts, pretty much in any form, almonds are great...try to keep your snacks up and the rest will even out?

good luck on Dad's surgery!

and remember to breathe...just try to take a few moments for yourself and breathe it all out (it does help) and then do it again until you feel like you :flowerforyou:
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    what about a homemade dessert like banana bread or carrot cake? even homemade bread, with butter.
    I like plain yogurt (greek or balkan style), with some maple syrup, ground flax seeds and hemp hearts. very healthy but high calorie.