HELP! I'm addicted!

Options
Ladies and gentlemen...

My name is Tabitha and I am a chocoholic. And an ice creamoholic. I can't help it. Share some taste bud satisfying, low calorie treats? Yes... I need the chocolate.

Replies

• jbrow109
    jbrow109 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Blue Diamond's Oven Roasted Almonds - Dark Chocolate Flavor. It's filling and since I started snacking on these, I don't crave candy bars as much.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    GIRL! You know you can have all of this...in moderation!

I eat ice cream almost EVERY DAY!! :laugh:

Raisinettes are pretty low-cal

Trader Joe's has good milk chocolate mini bars and they are only 100 cals!
  • alliemum3
    alliemum3 Posts: 6
    Options
    Tabitha, eat the chocolate! Just don't eat so much, buy the treat size bars or break big bars into smaller pieces and wrap them up. Chocolate is a great thing and the dark, cocoa rich varieties are actually quite good for you in moderation.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Take supplements like fat burner,gce,l-carnitine,whey protein powder or cla to control cravings or appetite,,
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Everything said above...Those almonds are the BEST!!! I love them! And there's chocolate whey protein powder that gives you 80 cals and 18 grams of protein!! Maybe mixed with a little chocolate frozen yogurt?
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Try Blue Diamond's Oven Roasted Almonds - Dark Chocolate Flavor. It's filling and since I started snacking on these, I don't crave candy bars as much.

Oooo those are really good, I forgot about those Havent had any in a long time, but yes very satisfying
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    GIRL! You know you can have all of this...in moderation!

I eat ice cream almost EVERY DAY!! :laugh:

Raisinettes are pretty low-cal

Trader Joe's has good milk chocolate mini bars and they are only 100 cals!

^^THIS! Also, in regards to raisinettes, the dark chocolate ones are SOOOO good and help with those cravings.
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow has a couple kinds of chocolates that are pretty good! No, they aren't reeses, and they do cost more. But they take care of that MUST have it now for me.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't eat diet food & I love sweets, especially chocolates. I plan them into my meals. Easy ones are FAGE 0% greek yogurt + 1 tsp of cocoa powder+1 tbsp nut butter of choice ( I used almond) + 1 stevia packet. Mix then pop in the freezer for 20 mins.

Another is cupcake in a mug.

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons flax flour
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons Stevia
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
    3 tablespoons coconut oil
    2-3 drops vanilla extract

MIx in a mug then microwave for between 3 -5 min. Optional: put a caramel in the center, Hershey's kiss in the middle, or a mini Reeces peanut butter cup in the center.

It's just enough to satisfy the chocolate craving
  • citydwellers72
    Options
    I share the same addictions. Thanks for the great ideas!!
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder. I mix it with 8 oz milk and 6-8 ice cubes. Yummy. Try it with cinnamon or peanut butter (creamy is best). I get my protein and chocolate fix all in one, it's win-win, and the protein keeps me from binging.
    Good luck and have fun trying out new things. I have to keep telling myself that being healthy is a lifestyle change made one step at a time.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This treat - 3 ingredient chocolate fudge - actually satisfied my chocolate craving. It's 1/2 ripe banana, 2 T PB2 and 2 T cocoa. Mash the banana, mix with the other two ingredients, and it's ready to eat.

130 calories if you make as above. I melted 2 T mini chocolate chips in the microwave before mashing the banana on top of them, which added extra calories.
  • danyelle306
    Options
    SKINNY COW ICE CREAM LOW FAT BUT DOES NOT TASTE LIKE IT!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/protein-fluff-3-quick-and-easy-recipes.html

I'm sure you can whip up some chocolate version of these.
  • ChynaMartin
    ChynaMartin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    NOW organic non blanched almonds are amazing!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Golden Spoon Belgian Chocolate Non Fat Frozen Yogurt. 25 calories per ounce and so damn good.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    We make our own ice cream so we can keep the calories down.
  • melindafritz
    Options
    I like skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
    and lowfat frozen yogurt now
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Here's something that might help you to stay away from it. Theobromine, which is a compound found in chocolate or cacao is actually a neurotoxin. Try to replace your chocolate with carob.
  • BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    light chocolate soy milk, sugar-free fudgesicles, skinny cow ice cream, coco powder added to flavor yogurt with a packet of stevia, chocolate protein powder