Hungar Pangs

Options
I am usually ok between breakfast and lunch. Between 2pm -4pm is when I get the worse hunger. Any tips after lunch on how to curb the cravings while in the office?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Have a snack...and apple or some beef jerky
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    apple and cheese or peanut butter
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i usually just ignore it and tell myself dinner is less than two hours away. chewing gum and drinking something helps also
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    I keep some snacks in my office desk. Little 100 calorie granola bars.

sometimes a hunger pang is a mental thing. I'll just get up and refill my water cup.

Sometimes when your stomach is really sending you a message it's best to have a snack.

Simply adjust at dinner time. Or go on a 30-45 minute walk to work off the calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Do you exercise, what is your height and weight?

Most likely, you probably just need more calories if this is a common thing or need to eat more proteins and fats instead of carbs.. Also, can you open your diary
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When you're hungry, drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes. Eat something small if you're still hungry after drinking.
  • mikeymoney
    mikeymoney Posts: 37
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Do you exercise, what is your height and weight?

Most likely, you probably just need more calories if this is a common thing or need to eat more proteins and fats instead of carbs.. Also, can you open your diary

I biking few times a week and plan to go on 30 ds. Right now im at 1900 calories for day..... i am 5'11 217. I try and avoid carbs.

Probably should keep peanut butter in office and have a scoop.

Diary open now.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    After looking at a few days of your diary you need to eat more, and drink a lot more. I'd ditch the slimslow for some real food personally, but if you do stick with that stuff you need to drink a ton more water. Seriously 100 ounces a day minimum, eat a little more and you'll be better off. Also, TDEE.

For snacks, nuts are great, protein will also stick with you longer and help alleviate those hunger pains.

Rigger
  • psuLemon
    Options

I biking few times a week and plan to go on 30 ds. Right now im at 1900 calories for day..... i am 5'11 217. I try and avoid carbs.

Diary open now.

You should probably be eating more. I am same height, 7 years younger, have a desk job and workout 6 hours a week and I lose at 2500 calories. I have a feeling your have your per week goal either too high or you don't eat back some of your exercise calories. I would try to bump up your calories to 2200 calories to see if that helps.
  • mikeymoney
    mikeymoney Posts: 37
    Options

Diary open now.

You should probably be eating more. I am same height, 7 years younger, have a desk job and workout 6 hours a week and I lose at 2500 calories. I have a feeling your have your per week goal either too high or you don't eat back some of your exercise calories. I would try to bump up your calories to 2200 calories to see if that helps.

Hey i won't argue with you on bumping it up :-)
  • psuLemon
    Options

Diary open now.

Hey i won't argue with you on bumping it up :-)

Try it for a month. If you still have issues, come back and we can dig deeper.
  • GnosisGnosis
    GnosisGnosis Posts: 148
    Options
    I've found personally that my hunger pangs are 90% mental, and they completely dissipate if my mind is occupied with something.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I find having about 3 small meals and 3 snacks a day helps. That way food is spread out through the day.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I took a peak at your diary and your breakfast and lunch look really light for a man (hell they even look light for a woman lol) The obvious solution would be more food -- but it looks like your protein goals are pretty low too. I would take from carbs and add to protein. Also your slimfast shakes are higher in carbs amd low protein. I would pick a shake that has more protein personally. You can get a similar calorie shake and way more protein out of ON Gold Standard. I use Syntha=6 but it's 190 calories and slightly less protein than ON. It might be the psychological effect of having a shake for a meal? More real food that's high in protein is my gut reaction.