7 lbs in 1 week w/ no caffeine

Options
This big of a loss is unusual for me and I must admit that I had a houseguest for a month and packed on 9 lbs.

But I quit drinking coffee a week ago and had the biggest loss since my start date.

I also changed my blood pressure meds.

Is being calm the key to weight loss?

Who would have thought.

Replies

• RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    how the heck have u stopped drinking coffee????? that to me is amazing
  • fun_mom
    Options
    I would like to quit coffee myself but I don't think it's possible! Good work and amazing loss!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It is a life changing experience, giving up caffeine.

You really should try it.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It is a life changing experience, giving up caffeine.

You really should try it.

Im going to give it a try from tomorrow!!

Glad its help you.

x
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am one of those ones that drink coffee for 2 weeks and then stop and then on again......sometimes gone a month. I have not done it on purpose just is weird. How would it make you lose to not drink it? The medicine could deff have much more to why. But maybe not haveing the cream or sweettner, not that yu put it in i dunno just thinking that could be. Anyway congrats. I will weigh in soon, I dont like scales and will weigh in a few weeks so hopefully i can move my ticker lol
  • tinyliz
    tinyliz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I heard it takes a while to get your body from not wanting caffeine. Ilove it and recommend it to all the people who are always asking me how I get up and work out every day. I do really want to rely on my body and not caffeine to get me through the day. It takes me about a pot to even make a dent. Pretty sad I know. I was thinking of doing yoga to get my mind off of that, I hear that it clears your head and makes you more conscious of what you put in your body. I read that people who do yoga are better eaters and loose more weight then others, not from calories burned during the yoga routine but simply by the fact they are so aware of things. Any body who does yoga feel like this is true?
  • cindylou007
    Options
    I too, gave up caffeine this past year. I was a coffee drinker and Starbucks addict for about 4 years. It took me about 7 months to get off of caffeine completely. I started in the later part of 2009. I still crave it once in a while but the cravings are not so frequent anymore. It has been the best decision I have made for my body! It feels wonderful to be free of that addiction. I would recommend it to anyone who is considering it!
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    Were you having sugar in you coffee? I lost 7lbs in a week about a year ago when i gave up tea (8 cup a day habit but i have sweetners) but i found it really hard. I had a migrane for 3 days when i gave it up and ended up giving into the craving for a hot drink.