NSV for Me!

Options
BeefyBFit
BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
So, I've been pretty much at the same number on the scale for months now so it was good to have a nice non scale victory the other day.

I have to get an MRI every 2 years as a follow up precaution for a brain tumor I had removed about 7 years ago. So normally, I am squeezed into the MRI machine like a the stuffing of a sausage. I would also have to put my arms in over my chest/stomach in order to get in there and they'd have to pretty much stay in that position the whole time. As if these MRI machines aren't uncomfortable enough......

Well, this time they slide me in and I was shocked to have so much room! I actually had my arms at my side. There was so much room, I didn't know what to do. I thought about doing the chicken dance! :bigsmile: The MRI tech had to tell me to stop moving around so much....

So that was a nice NSV.....I know this a little bit of a wordy for description but it was a good feeling.

Replies

• Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just the thought of them shoving you into the MRI makes me have an anxiety attack! I'm glad you are more comfortable in the machine. I'd still need a "happy pill" to be able to get into one of those machines!!
  • post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow... that is the first happy "I had to get an MRI due to follow-up from a brain tumor" post I have ever read!! Way to see the bright side of life!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow... that is the first happy "I had to get an MRI due to follow-up from a brain tumor" post I have ever read!! Way to see the bright side of life!

LOL ^^^This!!!! So glad you were comfortable enough to want to dance!!!! Awesome nsv!!
  • krnlmustrd
    krnlmustrd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • BeefyBFit
    Options

LOL ^^^This!!!! So glad you were comfortable enough to want to dance!!!! Awesome nsv!!

Haha....! Thanks! Believe it or not, I actually almost fell asleep in there. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so used to being in there or because it was a little "quiet time" away from my 2 little darlings ...... ;-)
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options

^^My thoughts exactly^^

Also, I couldn't help but imagine Mr. Incredible when he didn't fit in the rocket. But then later he did, right?

I hope you enjoyed your quiet time. I cat nap while getting my teeth cleaned. Get it when the gettin's good.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Glad you can really see the results in other ways. Congrats on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It"s the little victories like this that keep us going....nice work!
  • torymichaels
    Options
    Having had a cardiac MRI (which lasted 90 minutes) as a claustrophobic nincompoop, I TOTALLY get where you're coming from. Congratulations on having room! WTG!
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news. Definitely worth doing a dance..:smile:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A wonderful NSV!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV!!! CONGRATS! :drinker:

Wishing you continued success in your journey! And also wishing you a very healthy future!:flowerforyou:
  • BeefyBFit
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Huge victory! hope the MRI went well too!
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    amazing nsv!!!!
  • pepperpotts1012
    pepperpotts1012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • citydwellers72
    Options
    Congrat's on the victory!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV & I hope the results are as good so you can do your chicken dance w/o anyone telling you to stop moving, lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!