Too Many Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• MustBeThin16
    Options
    It's more where my carbs are coming from. I'm just out of high school and eat like your average high school student; lots of junk and almost no real meals.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else in that candy is high calorie, high carb, low nutrition, and isn't very filling. I'm not disgusted by your diet but I couldn't live on it.

As for changing, the only way to reduce your carbs without changing your foods is to reduce your portion sizes. But, you have a low calorie goal as it is. You really need a better selection of foods in order to lower carbs.

Some good cheap suggestions are tuna, eggs, mixed veggies (like california mix), broccoli, cabbage, canned mackerel, canned salmon (surprisingly cheap), bone-in chicken, etc.

When you remove from carb, you will need to add to protein or fat. Cheap protein from the above list or protein powder is good. Fat is also easy to add with olive oil, butter, cream, nuts (albeit can be expensive), cheese and many other things.

As a side note, I eat relatively low carb but also unprocessed. I eat on a middle-class budget though.