Consumed all my calories too soon!

Options
So, due to my hectic college schedule, I often wake up very early on the weekends for work, but stay up very late doing homework. I am usually up from 6:30 am till 1:00 am but make up the sleep the next day. Thats almost 19 hours! It's 5pm here and i've pretty much finished my calories for the day eating fairly healthy things. I still have around 7-8 hours before I sleep, so I'm wondering, is it better to keep eating small snacks till and hour or two before I sleep and go over, or should I stop since my calories have been met? Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    If you're up more hours on certain days and less on others, it would be fine to eat more on the longer days and less on the shorter ones. In the end, the goal is to have the correct weekly deficit after 7 days. So if you stay up longer and eat 300 extra calories on one day and don't stay up as long and eat 300 less on another day it will all even itself out in the end.
  • ashcrashly
    Options
    Thank you!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    fuel your body for what it needs. i re arrange my eating based on my school scedule and often replace one meal for 2 or 3 snacks. usually for me it is lunch but my snacks will include a low fat cheese stick (cut in half- so i have two rounds of snacking that day), triscut crackers(3 or 6 depending how i'm feeling and breaking them in half feels like you have more to eat) , a quarter of an apple(again sliced into 3-5 slices to eat slower), a hard boiled egg (medium) , then later some almonds and a dried apricot or two. somedays i'll have celery with reduced fat peanutbutter. i break it up from about 10 am to 3-5 pm and then have a good dinner (maybe 7 pm). it isn't the best but it does get me through the busy days and never under estimate the power of a salad with cucumber and tomatoes (watch for dressing and cheese) you can get a great snack or lunck for under 100 calories very easily.