5'1" and 165 lbs

Options
JessekaKing
JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
Looking for fitness friends that are close to my size with similar goals. Lets motivate each other to shrink together!!!

I love to run, hike, and bike but where I live gets some pretty brutal winters (-70 with wind chill) so this winter (my first here) I will have to adjust my workouts to include 100% indoor activity/ fitness videos (sadly!)

I'm looking to get down to about 130 an/or a TONED 145.

I'm human...I work full-time...I love margaritas...I can't live without birthday cake...ice cream is the devil, but we're in love...I'm a student...newly married...mother to a 12lbs fur baby named Benny, he's a Poodle/Maltese mix but looks like a little curly teddy bear...no human children (yet)...all of these things play a role in my journey and bumps along the way.

Tell me your story...share with me your goals...let's do this together!!!

Replies

• FITmrsroe
    FITmrsroe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @JessekaKing

I'm exactly the same height as you, and at 162. Looking to lose about the same as you. I've come to love running this year, and I'm also a newly wed. I work more than full time, love margaritas (though I've converted to gin and tonics lately) and agree that admitting I'm human is only going to help with my weight loss as there are going to be bumps and plateaus. Friend me?
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    @JessekaKing

I'm exactly the same height as you, and at 162. Looking to lose about the same as you. I've come to love running this year, and I'm also a newly wed. I work more than full time, love margaritas (though I've converted to gin and tonics lately) and agree that admitting I'm human is only going to help with my weight loss as there are going to be bumps and plateaus. Friend me?

Well so nice to meet you!
  • zipzap77
    zipzap77 Posts: 9
    Options
    I started at 5'1" and 173 !!! add me anyone
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    I started at 5'1" and 173 !!! add me anyone

Awesome, what are you down to now?
  • judyc2002
    judyc2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Jesse
    * I am 4'11" and 135-140 I hate my scale.
    * I too have come to love running this summer.
    * Not looking forward to winter either, doesn't get as cold as you said but we do have our cold days.
    * And I love sitting back relaxing with a glass of home made wine,
    * I am planning on doing my first 5k in October. Keep up your good work and I would like to have some help in the motivation area also
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    add me! :)
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    Hello Jesse
    * I am 4'11" and 135-140 I hate my scale.
    * I too have come to love running this summer.
    * Not looking forward to winter either, doesn't get as cold as you said but we do have our cold days.
    * And I love sitting back relaxing with a glass of home made wine,
    * I am planning on doing my first 5k in October. Keep up your good work and I would like to have some help in the motivation area also

Nice to meet you!! 5Ks are alot of fun...but much like birthday cake, once you run one--you'll be back for more lol I started running 5Ks this year and went out on a limb and ran my first half marathon in June. WITHOUT ANY TRAINING!! It was an amazing experience and a high like no amount of sugar can give ya :) Welcome aboard!
  • ElizaJay143
    ElizaJay143 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and ~145. My first goal is to get into the 130's (seriously 139.9 would rock my world!!!) Aiming to taper off my "weight loss" mindset around 130-135 lbs, and from there my primary focus will be on healthy eating and building muscle, with a "trigger weight" of 140.

We can do this!!!
  • jennide
    jennide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I'm a bit shorter than you, 4'10", 162 right now but want to get to 130 or 125 would be great! Feel free to add me!
  • lavi73
    lavi73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 168... I'd love some support to keep me on track!

I'm almost 40, single working mom to a 14 yr old boy, 10lb 13 yr old cat and 65lb 3 yr old dog. I've been divorced for 10 years, but finally met an awesome guy 4.5 months ago and started packing on the pounds. BUT I did stop smoking which packed on 10 pounds, then I gained the happy weight... ugh.. but you know, if i was sad, I'd gain weight too lol!!!

I'm back at the gym, but struggling with my diet. I was really hoping to be around 145 by my birthday (08/18) but that's just not going to happen. Hoping MyFitnessPal will help me - I did low carb last year, got down to 143lbs and was sooo happy... then couldn't maintain and gained it all back. I'm sure you weren't expecting my life story, but glad to make some friends on here to help each other stay on track! I need it!

I have a wedding to attend on 09/21 and hoping to drop to under 160lbs by then!

30602866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weighed in last week at 146. I'm pretty sure tomorrow will show a gain though.

Like you, I'm human and have my bad relationships with food...mostly sweets. Work full-time. Single mama to 2 human babies. After a reality check with my boyfriend, I'm trying to turn this negative energy I've found into something better for me. I know I can do this. I just need to keep at it and don't give up at any cost.

Feel free to add me!! :bigsmile:
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You ladies all sound like FUN! I'm 5'3'' and at 174 this morning. Trying to head towards the 140s, but the lowest I ever got was 154 before I started the slow creep back upwards! Hoping to never return to my starting weight of 212!

I'm looking for friends as well, so feel free to add me!

Emily
  • darharmar
    darharmar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started running for weight loss. The closer I got to my goals the more I realized I didn't have a "skinny" me in my head, but fit. I realized I wanted those fit arms, back and finally a flat stomach. As I was asking around here at MFP I was told weights would get me closer to my goals. Since I started doing the Jillian michaels ripped in 30 with heavier weights than im used to I've lost 3 ish pounds. I started at 143 and was hovering there for months. I'm now at 138 last I checked. My upper body so much more toned. So what I've learned that if it isn't hard, you're not doing it heavy or hard enough. I still run on my "off" days but find I'm better with endurance because of my dear sweet Jillian:) oh and ouch:). I now work out appx 5-6 days a week and walk every day when the weathers nice.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 145lbs now.. I started at 171 back on March 1st.. I started eating within calorie ranch..and working out about 3 days a week. I work full time, but my job is in the grocery business, and I am on my feet 8-10 hrs ..5 days a week. by the time I get home..sometimes I dont even want to think about exercising! I exercise on my days off and maybe another day on top of that..right now I am sticking with youtube and fitnessblender most days.. some heavy HIIT routines and toning workouts.. they have 1000 calorie workouts and man they are rough! I am looking to get to 130 and re evaluate then. .I have been stuck at 142 forever..going up and down 5 lbs, and I'm starting to get frustrated. I am with the person that said they would kill for 139.9!! ME TOOO!!! You can always add me... :) I'm always looking for the motivation..i need all I can get! good luck!
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Carmon (AKA Crazy C). I am barely 5 ft on a GOOD hair day. Thus, fun sized/vertically challenged. I have lost 27 lbs on here since Feb 17th (started exercising) & Feb 21st logging food. However, I lost approximately 10+ lbs before that due to have a very bad case of the flu which led to bronchitis in mid Dec to Jan. currently I weight 170 but would like to get back to 120- 130 where I was when I was eating healthy and staying active prior to my two pregnancies and babies, whom are now 6 & 4. Feel free to add me with a msg so I know who you are. Thanks. I look forward to supporting and motivating everyone and getting it back. GL to us all.

:smile:
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Our # are very similar. I started out at 184. I was about 170 when I joined MFP last May. Currently down to 158.6 lbs. I'm 5'1 as well!
    I rely completely on DVDs and internet for my workouts since I'm a stay at home mom to a wonderful 11-month old boy. My goal is exactly like yours: 145, but will see when I get there if I need to drop more. I'm more concerned with losing body fat! I'm very honest in my diary. If I had cookies late at night, you'll see it though I might not fret about it. There's more about me on my profile, which I believe is visible to all.

Jeez I feel like I'm applying for a job hahahaha!!!

Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hey im 5ft1 and weigh 164lbs my goal is 120lbs, I've lost 116lb since January i do alot of classes and free weights, feel free to add me ????
  • charliejenny
    charliejenny Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just under 5.1 Löl and 161lb...I've lost 7lb so far ...
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!
    I am 5'2, 166 lbs as of today! I started this journey 54 lbs heavier, almost a yr ago. I am married, we have 3 kids, and I am 24 yrs old. My husband and I quit smoking almost 2 yrs ago, which is when I went from 160 to 220 UGH!! Thankfully I did not pick up the habit again, as all of my children, husband, and myself are sooo much healthier now! We never get colds, or congestion, while we used to live every day with it. Instead, I started eating low carb and exercising. When I lost 35 lbs, I hit a plateau and became discouraged for about 3 months I hovered between 180 and 190. Then I changed my exercising routines, and started focusing more on my calorie intake vs my carbs (altho I still keep an eye on them too). Lately I have started doing some weight lifting with dumbbells and I feel so much stronger and can see such a difference in the way that my clothes fit just in the six weeks or so I have been doing it. Eventually I want to purchase a barbell, as I do ALL of my exercises at home, except Zumba classes, but for now I will stick with what I have got. I do Zumba once or twice a week for one hour at a time, and I do different videos that incorporate strength and cardio the rest of the days. I usually have one rest day a week. I love Jessica Smith's workout videos, they can be found on youtube: Jessica Smith TV. She is great and has 100's of videos available so you don't get bored. I want to do the 30DS by Jillian Michaels, but I find it soo hard to stay with the same thing day in and day out, but I have seen so many ppl on this sight have such great results!! Maybe one day!

Anyway, thats my story! Add me :flowerforyou:
  • shortnsweetbb
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm 5'1" and weigh 178. I just joined MFP about 2 weeks ago to track my food like I used to do on WW, but I started my weight loss journey April 1st of this year at 183. I have only lost 5 pounds, but have lost over 14 inches! I know the scale shouldn't bother me too much, especially with all the inches I've lost, but there's just something about that number on the scale!!!

I am working out with a personal trainer at my local gym 3 times a week. It is expensive and makes our budget tight, but it is the only thing that works for me exercise wise. She pushes me harder than I could ever push myself and I need that! I don't like working out and going to the gym, but am loving the inches I'm losing!! :)

Feel free to add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!