Snacks - ideas please!

Options
Hi there, Im new to this fitness pal forum, and Im wondering if there is a tab or something on the site with loads of snack ideas, that don't contain loads of calories? I can't seem to see a particular place to look for snack ideas...

Replies

• callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There isn't a designated snack place but this recipe forum is a great place to ask for ideas!
    Hummus and carrots
    Hummus or peanut butter on a popcorn or rice cake (measure that peanut butter! It adds up quick!)
    low fat string cheese
    any raw veggie with low fat sour cream dip
    Fruit
    60 calories pudding cups

Just remember that too much of a good thing like fruit will add up quickly. It is very important to weigh and measure. You really ought to have a good digital scale. Mine was only ten bucks and it has been very helpful!
  • chefstew79
    chefstew79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pico de Gallo (i.e. Salsa) is a nice, healthy summertime snack. Just be careful what you put it on. Here is a recipe I just posted to my blog. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/chefstew79/view/pico-de-gallo-i-e-salsa-559876
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    nonfat greek yogurt ..i do a cup.. and some cocoa dusted almonds (some might say too much sugar but its better than candy for me) mix in with a T of natural peanut butter. .yum.. or pineapple and cottage cheese is a good for me.. so many HEALTHY choices..i have had to get creative so I dont go off the deep end at work!
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Im new to this fitness pal forum, and Im wondering if there is a tab or something on the site with loads of snack ideas, that don't contain loads of calories? I can't seem to see a particular place to look for snack ideas...

My favorite snack is one graham cracker sheet with Justin's Maple Almond Butter and dried Bing Cherries from California.

Also, hummus and random veggies are awesome!!

The first snack usually works out to about 185 calories?? Depends on how much JMAB you put on there.