Size 12 to Size 0 (with ridiculous photos)

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look fat in any of those pictures. :flowerforyou:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love your outfits! *Just thought I'd put that out there* congrats on your success!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    as far as Success threads go, this is by far the worst case of responses I think I have ever seen. I am sorry that people choose to be ridiculous, OP. That said, I do love your attitude. Keep shining.
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think a size 12 is anything but fat. It's healthy. A size 0 is not. Congrats on the weight loss, but I really don't think you needed to lose that much. You look a bit anorexic now.

:noway:

say what? really? people are different sizes, I used to be a size 12 too and now I'm a size 2 or 4, but my body fat comp is still 24% so yeah, I still need to lose weight. Don't project on other people. I currently weight 131, I'm 5'1" and at 133 my BMI is considered overweight. I get it is just your opinion, but this is a success thread. OP did a great job and is happy with her results, who are you to knock her down?

Totally agree!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Please, please please don't let anybody else here tell you otherwise.

Great job!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I think a size 12 is anything but fat. It's healthy. A size 0 is not. Congrats on the weight loss, but I really don't think you needed to lose that much. You look a bit anorexic now.

Thanks for your support! I hope you have a happy, healthy day! :)

OP, your attitude is as beautiful as you are :) This was a great response to the above poster's completely inappropriate and mean-spirited response.

Completely agreed. I need to take notes from the OP. I love your attitude - you are beautiful inside and out.
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    You were never fat. I think some of the negative responses came from the amount of food you were eating, but your diary is now closed. Congrats though. You always looked beautiful!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    as far as Success threads go, this is by far the worst case of responses I think I have ever seen. I am sorry that people choose to be ridiculous, OP. That said, I do love your attitude. Keep shining.

This. OP, congrats on your accomplishments and hard work. And good on you for not letting the bitter, old biddies bring you down. :heart:
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    OMFG!!!! so amazing! Great job and brilliant effort on your part for staying with it!!! I started at 167lb aiming for 110lb... 125lb so far, so excited for the types of results that are possible!!!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, you are pure class! I love it. I'm a shortcake too and look my best around a 0-4, depending on the brand. I think you look great.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    You truly are pure class. 100% all the way.

You are a far better woman than I am at this moment. I am currently being skinny shamed in another thread, and I have not been nearly as nice as you.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    To be honest I think the concerns are legitimate.

I had a look through her diary and although most days aren't logged, on the few days that are logged, she is eating 1000-1200 calories. Now it's difficult to get a true idea of what her average calorie intake is like, but unless she had eaten a lot on the other days not logged and wasn't particularly hungry on those days, I don't see why, at goal, she is eating so little.

For MOST people, that caloric intake is not sustainable long-term. But I accept that we are all different, and do I have friends (who are small and skinny) who eat that little normally.

OP congrats on your success, and I hope that now you are at goal you'll be eating more in a day, as unless you are completely sedentary you will continue to lose weight.
  • RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist has me at 1250 cals a day. We are slowly adding 50 cals every two weeks. Thanks for your concern!
  • ketoclysmic
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I love inspirational stories.

May I ask why you are still eating so few calories? I browsed through your diary and it looks like you have a lot of low-calorie days (especially considering the frequency and intensity of your workouts mentioned earlier in this thread). Is there a point where you will begin eating at a maintenance/muscle building level, or do you have more weight to lose? Does your nutritionist have any input as to when you can go back to a maintenance level of caloric intake?

I ask because we are the same height, and although I don't want to weigh less than 125 lbs., I am curious to know more of your story so I can compare it to my own.

Thanks,

K
  • RingTailedFox
    Options
    As I stated previously, I put on a couple lbs when I switched birth control. I've only 2 lbs to get back to where I was. With my personal trainer, I am working on reducing my body fat % and gaining muscle. I've been working with my nutritionist since I went vegan and I feel that I'm in good hands.

Once my personal trainer and I shape this body of mine into a lean, mean muscle machine, I can start my maintenance level (around 1500-1700 cal on a rotating schedule).
  • RingTailedFox
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I love inspirational stories.

May I ask why you are still eating so few calories? I browsed through your diary and it looks like you have a lot of low-calorie days (especially considering the frequency and intensity of your workouts mentioned earlier in this thread). Is there a point where you will begin eating at a maintenance/muscle building level, or do you have more weight to lose? Does your nutritionist have any input as to when you can go back to a maintenance level of caloric intake?

I ask because we are the same height, and although I don't want to weigh less than 125 lbs., I am curious to know more of your story so I can compare it to my own.

Thanks,

K

Hey! No fair! You're at the same caloric intake girl!
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm also 5'3 and a size 0. I'm very, very small framed (even compared to other small-framed people). I'm 106 lbs, and my body fat percentage is (very recently) 18%! I eat a bare minimum of 1460 calories per day, on sedentary totally lazy days where I literally only leave my desk to go pee. Most days I'm at 1700-1800, and days I run or lift, there is almost no way I can do less than 2000 calories. In fact, I'm pretty sure I need to increase my calorie intake at this point, because I'm finding myself hungry more often than not (I blame the weights, I'm always starving after a heavy lifting session). 1250 would make me want to curl up and die, LOL! (And hey, beer/alchol is part of my diet too, no shame in that!)

You look great, and you looked great in ALL in the pictures! Just because you are not what every single person aspires to look like doesn't mean that you shouldn't feel proud of yourself. Some women like a really muscular look, and if people said, "Ew, you look like a man *barf*" that would be beyond rude. We all have different personal preferences about how we wish our bodies looked. And all of those preferences are valid.
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    Just read your latest responses, and I'm also working on gaining muscle! (I swear it's harder for us petite people)
    Your projected "maintenace" calories are about the same as mine (1700ish), LOL (though, I suppose it would be, right?)
  • ketoclysmic
    Options
    Thanks for the info...while I'm not qualified to dispute the information from your personal trainer and nutritionist, seems like something doesn't quite jive. It's pretty difficult to lean down or put on muscle when you're eating at a deficit. In my experience, most trainers would want you to eat more calories and not worry about the final two pounds before upping your intake - especially if you are looking to lean out, you're going to gain muscle and your weight will go up anyway. Size matters, not the number on the scale, and all that.

It's none of my damn business, actually, so never mind. Your story just seems so eerily close to mine. We're the same height, and probably close in age. I've weighed between 115-165, and everything inbetween. I was a vegan for many years, and suffered from anemia and other health problems from poor nutrition. I also struggled with severe body image issues, borderline anorexia, and chronic depression. It has taken me years, and years, and years to overcome these body issues and I still struggle.

I guess I'm just worried about you, even though I don't know you. But hey, like I said - it's no skin off my nose. Good luck with your goals and be safe.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    love it! great job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!