Shred plus bodyweight exercises too much?

Options
Hi
I am at Level 2, day 4 in the 30DS, and I do it early in the morning. Although I find it demanding in the moment, it does not feel enough for a day. I would like to add something in the evening and want to do some more bodyweight exercises (from YAYOG) in the evening, say 20 intense minutes. Do you think that's too much? I did the shred so far with one rest day a week and felt ok, no sore muscles etc.
I am sure I will notice if it is too exhausting - but will I know when it is too much and I don't build muscle because of too little recovery time? Or would it be better to add something to the shred in the morning?

Replies

• delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be too much because shred isn't too intense. Try it out for a bit, and if you notice negative side effects from normal muscle soreness, then stop. but if not, i say add in some more workouts :)
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The 30ds is exhausting! There's not really much of a strength training component to it - mostly just pain In the *kitten* cardio! Add some lifting and you won't regret it
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do shred in the morning, and normal gym activities after work.

I do the 30 day shred every day, but take Thursday and Saturday off from the gym.