Not done, but what a difference 42 pounds makes! (pics.)

Options
dlanoux
dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
Well here goes.....I woke up in May of this year and decided that I was just plain FAT! So, I decided to do something about it! I started changing my eating habits, cut out most processed foods, and hit the gym hard 3 days a week.

While I still have a way to go, the progress that I have seen has been quite wonderful! I am down 42 pounds (may be 4 to 8 more being that I did not weigh the first 10 days). I have gone from spilling out of a size 22 (should have been in at least a 24) to a very baggy 18 (size 16 fits, but it is still a little tight for my liking). I have also gone from a 3X in shirts to a loose XL.

I have a lot more energy, and I actually an not embarrassed to go in public! It is still going to take some time to reach my goal, but I'm getting there!

Oh, and I have officially found my NECK.....still hunting for my collar bones though! lol!

Dee20122-1.jpg
Dee82012.jpg
Dee20134.jpg

Replies

• dlanoux
    Options
    Sorry....the one picture is huge.....Still working on figuring this posting stuff out. :smile:

Fixed it! Yay!
  • DragonSpark
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the good work!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Great going!! 42 lbs is quite an accomplishment! Not to mention the benefits of healthy living. WTG and good luck on your journey!
  • thawk1
    thawk1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations on starting, that's the real hard part the rest becomes habit. :smile:
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    42 pounds, wow well done!
  • dlanoux
    Options
    Thank you all! It is a process, but I WILL, one day, get to my goal! :smile:

The first 42 pounds have been shed since May of this year. I really can't wait to see where I am come December!

December is my first actual goal month! I would like to be down about 60 more pounds. But, we'll see......
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done :happy:
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 42 pounds, you look great.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    done great so far, a huge improvement! well done!
  • Jeskaa91
    Jeskaa91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done!! thats fantastic, i love your post its so honest and true! One day i just realised you know what, i love food, but i want to love my body more!!

Im only a week into my "diet" but ive cut out all sugar and most heavy carbs and im down 1.4kg already :)

Keep rocking it girly!!
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Well done, congratulations
  • Louise7486
    Louise7486 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice one, congrats!! :smile:
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    great work
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 42 pounds. It's really great and I hope that I'll be able to make the same sort of difference that you have made. It's still early days for me, but I'm really started to believe that I can do it this time around as I'm eating sensibly,
    I'm exercising at least 3 days a week and I am winning the psychological battle over food.

Well done. Keep it up. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!