Weightloss stopped advice please

Options
Hey everyone I'm new here 22yr old female currently weigh 83.2kg that can fluctuate down to 82kg I have lost a stone in the last 3months with not overalls trying I was doing a 4 mile walk/hike a week and sometimes a workout DVD at home, food wise I was not dieting. For the last 2weeks I have totally changed my routine I have done either the 30 day shred DVD or a hiit training workout everyday and been having either 1 weetabix with semi skimmed milk or a diet whey shake for breakfast, lunch either a 2 egg omelette no cheese an mushroom or tomato with it or a shake, and I've been meal prepping dinners of mashed carrot peppers or peas and chicken and I haven't lost a lb so I'm very fustrated, to look at my body is changing but be weight isn't coming off atall now advice appreciated :) p.s I'd like to drop atleast another stone

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How long have you stalled for?
  • Princessjj22
    Options
    The last 2 weeks there's been no change maybe it's because I've changed my diet completely it's not kicked in no idea
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    The last 2 weeks there's been no change maybe it's because I've changed my diet completely it's not kicked in no idea

From your post you appear to have started exercising (more?) in the last 2 weeks. Starting, or increasing the intensity of, workouts will lead to fluid retention in the muscles (glycogen and water). It is normal and can be up to 4lb or more. This may well be masking the weight loss. Also, other water weight fluctuations, such as food intake, sodium and our cycle can mess with trends.

Give it 2 more weeks and see what happens. Two weeks is not a stall, especially when you change your workouts.
  • Princessjj22
    Options

From your post you appear to have started exercising (more?) in the last 2 weeks. Starting, or increasing the intensity of, workouts will lead to fluid retention in the muscles (glycogen and water). It is normal and can be up to 4lb or more. This may well be masking the weight loss. Also, other water weight fluctuations, such as food intake, sodium and our cycle can mess with trends.

Give it 2 more weeks and see what happens. Two weeks is not a stall, especially when you change your workouts.

yes defiantly doing more exercise now and alot more intense, i have been eating alot less and drinking alot more water so i guess its a big change to adjust to. i think i just hoped from doing alot more exercise id atleast lose a few lbs il carry on as i am and see if anything changes thanks for the info.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    If your body is changing, why worry about the scale? Put it this way, would you rather weigh 10lb more than you do now, but look fantastic, or would you rather weigh 10lb less, and look awful?

It also doesn't sound like you are eating very much. With that amount of exercise you will need to be eating more. Log and eat back your exercise calories - MFP doesn't tell you to do this for a joke.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Once you work out your patterns you can stop getting stressed by this stuff chick. I routinely lose steadily for 3-4 weeks, then nothing for 3-4 weeks. It evens out at 1kg/2.2 lb every 10 ish days so no stress in the long run. I just trust my body to sort it out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

yes defiantly doing more exercise now and alot more intense, i have been eating alot less and drinking alot more water so i guess its a big change to adjust to. i think i just hoped from doing alot more exercise id atleast lose a few lbs il carry on as i am and see if anything changes thanks for the info.

Don't overcompensate by cutting your intake too much. Set you goals to a reasonable loss and eat at least some of your exercise calories back. Also, of you do not already use one, use a digital food scale to weigh everything except fluids (which can be measured) and log as accurately as possible.
  • Princessjj22
    Options
    If your body is changing, why worry about the scale? Put it this way, would you rather weigh 10lb more than you do now, but look fantastic, or would you rather weigh 10lb less, and look awful?

It also doesn't sound like you are eating very much. With that amount of exercise you will need to be eating more. Log and eat back your exercise calories - MFP doesn't tell you to do this for a joke.

i wasent going to post my personal reason why i want or need to lose weight but i will, i am currently going onto the waiting list to have IVF treatment, they have a set bmi limit and i am currently on the limit for it which can mean i could be taken off the list or not be put on it so weightloss isnt a choice its a must for me. this is also my first day on the site and i will be logging my food and exercise.
  • Princessjj22
    Options
    Don't overcompensate by cutting your intake too much. Set you goals to a reasonable loss and eat at least some of your exercise calories back. Also, of you do not already use one, use a digital food scale to weigh everything except fluids (which can be measured) and log as accurately as possible.
    [/quote]

thanks very much for the advice il get some scales
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    So... Breakfast 150kcal, lunch about the same, supper probably less than 300kcal... This does not sound healthy or sustainable.

If you eat too little your body can compensate by making you move less. I'm normally a bouncy person, but with too large a deficit I sit still more and may even need to nap. This isn't undone by intentional exercise because that only accounts for a small percentage of the day.

Try eating more, as Sara suggests.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!
  • Princessjj22
    Options

this!

as i said above i have no choice but to lose weight and i will be eating more
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!

you dont have to starve yourself and exercise like crazy to lose weight... or dont you want to be healthy to have a baby?!
  • Princessjj22
    Options

this!

you dont have to starve yourself and exercise like crazy to lose weight... or dont you want to be healthy to have a baby?!

its a lack of knowledge on my part when it comes to weightloss i dont know how much or what i should be eating exactly thats why ive joined the site to get advice and tips, i bassically had a set time from the hospital to lose a certain amount of weight and my next appointment is monday to see if i can go on the list it all comes down to my weight i have lost a stone since my last appointment. of course i want to be healthy but desperation and stress sort of take over in these situations which is hard to deal with.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Log and weigh your food properly work out a reasonable calories deficit including your exercise. You will then in all likelihood find out you can eat more and more weight. Without a benchmark of your calorie intake you have no idea what's going on and what to adjust
  • Princessjj22
    Options
    Log and weigh your food properly work out a reasonable calories deficit including your exercise. You will then in all likelihood find out you can eat more and more weight. Without a benchmark of your calorie intake you have no idea what's going on and what to adjust

thanks i am starting that from today