New to site

I have been inspired by my daughter to join this site. I have almost always been overweight all my life, but things got out of hand recently. I had a malignant brain tumor that was treated with radiation and steroids. Thankfully I am now cancer-free, but while on the steroids I was hungry 24/7. I have trouble with low blood sugar and it affected that too. Long story short... I gained 30 lbs.

I have lost 5 lbs. so far just by not eating everything all the time (which I was doing while on the steroids) and want to join my daughter in losing weight together.

I have two things working against me in this quest. I am 59 years old (Yikes!) and I'm experiencing swelling in my ankles and legs and fatigue(side effects from the radiation treatments). This makes working out a little dicey. I'm trying to start by walking a little every day.

It would be nice to have friends on this website to share my triumphs and hear me whine about setbacks. Are you game?

Replies

• firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Bump! (I am the aforementioned daughter, ha)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    yay for being cancer-free!!

As for the exercise, just take one day at a time. You will start to notice a difference.

Feel free to add me, I log daily.
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Hello! Congrats on the good news. We are all striving to get fit and a lot of us are trying to shed all of the weight that we've gained throughout our lives. Welcome and enjoy MFP :). Feel free to add me!
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on your excellent news! Feel free to add me. I log daily as well. :)