About being asian! Lose weight help??

Options
Hi! Im 5'7 21yo 160lbs im not fat before i get pregnant , im about 120lbs and after gving birth on 2009 i weight 160 and now i want to get back to shape and we eat meals like rice and dish in MFP i followed 1200cal on asian food can i lose weight by eating meals but less? Like 1 cup rice and 1 chicken 512cal? And same in the dinner, i really cant eat veggy and can't exercise because lack of space at home, can i lose weight eating less asian meals 1200cal?

Replies

• sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just cut down on the rice I eat. I also make a mix of barley and rice -- it's only a little hit on the calories, but it adds up after a while. I focus on the side dishes and avoid anything deep-fried.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Just dont net under 1200 calories. 1200 is the minimum net calories for a female, so going over by 100 calories is probably better than going under by 100 calories.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I lost 10kg in Japan by eating a MORE Asian diet, and not all the yummy Western style cakes and breads. I halved my rice portions and ate a lot healthier, having lots of Nattou etc. There were a lot of snacks for under 100kcal too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i really cant eat veggy and can't exercise because lack of space at home

why cant you eat fruit and veg?

exercise outside....
  • shaleenacupicupsantos
    Options
    Thanks for replies very helpful
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I personally think eating "asian" food is better than fast food... but try to cut down on some of the less healthy components in it. Major example is rice... Believe me, I understand your pain, I used to LIVE on white rice... but I'm used to eating very little now. Start making switches in amounts of soy sauce or other ingredients.

You can do it! :)
  • BSdevon
    BSdevon Posts: 77
    Options
    Lol 'About being Asian' ...You can lose weight, by going on a deficit of your calorie intake. And opting to eat good quality food. Cardio will help you get there faster, exercise will help with your body composition -> Great figure, great shape
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Just don't do the junk food diet. :smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    bullsh!t you can't exercise.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight eating whatever you like, as long as you meet your calorie goal. One of my favorite meals is from a little Chinese restaurant a short walk from my home!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    you cant eat vegetables because of lack of space at home?

im so confused.

also, try outside for exercise.

where's BJ?...he's asian and knows all about this kind of stuff....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Well a calorie deficit has to be created, but if you can't exercise in the home, then get out and walk. Honestly, if you're overweight, it's because you're eating too much. Don't negate nutrition just to reach a calorie goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    we eat meals like rice and dish

Stop eating the dishes?
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I love me some asian food but gave up on rice on the regular. i have it for a splurge meal and sub it with quinoa. I do realize that since i've cut down on rice and bread i don't feel as tired...i used to feel exhausted after eating them even brown rice and whole wheat bread.

there are some ways to tweak the asian diet to cut down on sodium and coconut milk has been a staple in my household. are you injured?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Asia is a pretty big place...
  • nomeejerome
    Options

Stop eating the dishes?

:grumble: Are you feeling the affects of TOM? :smile:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    1) Yes you can exercise.

2) Yes you can eat vegetables.

3) Eat some fish and not so much sauces.

4) 1200 calories isn't very much. You should eat more than that and exercise.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Stop eating the dishes?

:grumble: Are you feeling the effects of TOM? :smile:

You can tell?
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    did you just say you cant eat veggies and have nno room to workout? i call bull sh it.
    stop being lazy. do you want to be a fat asian? asians dont look good fat.. npt in my fantasy
  • nomeejerome
    Options

Stop eating the dishes?

:grumble: Are you feeling the affects of TOM? :smile:

You can tell?

yup