How does water affect weight loss?

Options
I know drinking lots of water a day is good for your body. I was wondering whether drinking lots can help aid weight loss? Do you lose any quicker by drinking lots as opposed to drinking none?

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    water helps you pee and poop. Or in 'grown up'it aids your digestion. So yes. Drinking your water can aid your weight loss :)
  • Denzel4
    Denzel4 Posts: 6
    Options
    Water really effects on weight because it is good to burn all extra calories that is good for weight loss. It is best to drink more than 15 glass of water in a day. It is very beneficial for health.
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    its good to drink between 8-12 glasses per day! not sure about 15, you can actually flood yourself with water! (look it up, i was shocked, drinking too much is just as bad as drinking too little!) however yes water does aid weight loss as it makes you feel fuller for longer! All the books will tell you drink water with your meal and your body should tell you its not hungry anymore, if you eat and drink slowly enough!
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If I go out to eat, I usually drink two large glasses of water before the meal. This helps keep me from overeating as I feel much fuller MUCH quicker.
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water helps me to not overeat.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You need to stay hydrated for normal body functions. Otherwise, it can help some people feel full longer to prevent over eating. Water doesn't flush out fat or eat fat or anything else that will aid weight loss.