30DS - food and other exercise

Options
I have been losing weight but have seen no difference in my body shape (I am a UK size 8 but all the fat sits on my stomach and hips) so I decided to start the 30DS but I am unclear on a few things and wondered if anyone could help me:

1. Do I do it every day or should I have rest days (if so how many)?
2. Can I do this in addition to my usual exercise routines or is that too much?
3. What sized weights should I be using?
4. Is there a particular recommendation for diet to go with this? I count my calories anyway but I have seen posts where people haven't gotten any results and wonder if diet is a factor.

Also, if anyone has completed the 30DS and had a similar body shape to me (ie. not much weight to lose but much toning required) it would be really great if I could hear your results

Replies

• PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The program is designed for 30 days. It is up to you on how you do it. I am currently on day 7 straight and I also do other exercises some days. You can take break days it's up to you.

Use whatever weights you are comfortable with. I use 3 pound weights and have found them to be difficult for some exercises in the video and easy for others.

As far as diet, I am trying a low carb (100 or less per day) and hi protein/ fat but that isn't right for everyone. I have noticed that I have lost inches and the scale isn't moving. I am focusing more on how the routine makes me feel, which is sore but I know the soreness is a good thing as I am working muscle groups I haven't worked in awhile and toning.

I highly recommend doing this exercise program, especially if you are looking to tone.

Hope this helps.

Good luck ^_^
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 5 today of the 30DS. There is really no correct way to do it, from what I can tell.

1. I have heard 10 days for each level. Now you can do those 10 however you want. My husband and I decided to do 5 days then break for a day, then another 5. If we are comfortable with level 1 at that time, we will go to level 2. If not, we will do another 5 days if level 1. We will continue 5 day intervals until we feel confident on level 1 to move to level 2.

2. I do this along with running 5 days a week (3 days a week I run twice). I only run about 1 mile at a time so it's not that much extra. We tried running then immediately doing the DVD, I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe do one in the morning and one in the evening.

3. Start with weights that feel a little too light. We started with some that seemed perfect, but had to get smaller ones because it was too difficult.

4. No diet. Just watch calories.

Join us on the Jillian Michaels board. We all have started in the last 5-6 days
  • goldenglow90
    goldenglow90 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm currently doing it in the morning as have just finished work for the holidays, so I can continue with my usual evening workouts too :)