NO LONGER SORE.. GOOD OR BAD?

Options
Question... so ive been working out a lot lately and at first my muscles (legs, abs, arms etc) were so sore it was painful yet it let me know that i had a great workout.... but recently my muscles hardly hurt the next day anymore. am i doing something wrong? is this normal? or should they always feel sore?

FYI im 32 5'5 149lbs F

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Soreness is not an indicator of progress, and neither is the absence of soreness.

You are making progress when your performance improves--are you lifting more, doing more reps of whatever bodyweight exercise you are doing, running faster/longer, etc? If so, you are making progress, and not being sore while doing it is just a bonus.
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    what kind of workouts are you doing? Try to up the intensity/weight/speed depending on what you are doing. Could be that your body is getting accustomed to a certain level of activity, so continue to challenge it
  • _eli_80
    _eli_80 Posts: 40
    Options
    Well i just started to workout about 3 weeks ago.. i do feel sore while im doing it (specially abs) but at first the day after to the following it was a fell good pain!!! at times painful but again feel good.. now the more i workout my muscles (while doing it i feel it) but im not as sore the following days... im working out 5 days a week, and yes i do up my workout (not drastically since i just started, but definitely with more reps etc.)