weight gain !!!!

Options
hi there every one, felling upset this morning, just got weighed and 1lb on , urggggggg

Replies

• nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't panic my lovely!!! The main lesson that I have learnt from using this site is that is completely normal, but not to let it worry you. If you have been consuming the calories advised and been honest with yourself then you can't do much more, but do keep an eye on it longer term....

It could be something as simple as different clothes (if you had any on), a different time of day, or (gross I know) that you hadn't been to the toilet beforehand (amazing the difference that can make).

It could even be the accuracy of your scales.... ours were really expensive digital ones, but can still vary slightly if you get off and back on again.

Are the scales on the same (solid) floor surface? As that can make a difference too.

Hope this helps ♥
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    I just posted this a few minutes ago as my status update:

Tomorrow is my week 3 weigh-in. I've decided that from here on out, instead of checking my weight weekly and feeling anxious beforehand, I'm just going to weigh daily or every other day or "whenever" and only make a note of when it goes DOWN, not when it goes up! I remember someone saying that she did that... someone who'd lost over 100 pounds. She said that way she never had to deal with that dreaded "I gained weight this week" that can send so many of us off the track.
  • runningman1203
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates from day to day, so im not sure this is really a good way to keep track. Once a week same time, same clothes, it works for me, as long as im good.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've gained about a pound and a few ounces in the last couple of days, but it's entirely my fault. LOL. Too much ice cream and fast food. I also weigh myself after every workout first thing in the morning. That way I can tell my good days from my bad. I wouldn't worry too much about a pound gained here or there, it happens. *hugs*
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Weight gain for me usual depends ( I'm sorry for this) on if I've been to the toilet. If I flush out my system I have always lost. So I think we should all only weigh after we have used the bathroom lol x
  • jacgray
    Options
    I've put a pound on too! I am so upset because not only do I lose weight so slowly, I haven't cheated at all this week, kept strictly to the calories and done twice as much exercise as last week. Lets hope we get a good loss next week. I was so determined this time I would lose the weight once and for all and it has really knocked my confidence. I really thought that if I stuck to it and didn't cheat I would succeed. I just hope I can stay on track this week. Good luck to you.